• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Pokémon Anime Reveals English Title, New Promo Video, Opening Theme

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Bubin wrote:
I have a feeling that Ash will eventually return as a main character.

"Leave me alone! I'm trying to enjoy my Goddamn retirement!"
KlarkKentThe3rd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:11 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
Bubin wrote:
I have a feeling that Ash will eventually return as a main character.

Best post ITT.
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:18 pm Reply with quote
JoelBurger wrote:
There's no way that's ever happening so long as Netflix still has a deathgrip on its distribution stateside.

Netflix has shown it's not opposed to streaming the Japanese version of Pokemon with the CGI remake of the first movie being our first (and so far only) official subbed release. A simulcast might be out of the question, but they could release the Japanese version of Horizons alongside the dub.
KlarkKentThe3rd

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:35 pm Reply with quote
You just gave me hope......... the entire original series + original movies, with official subs? I won't lose hope! Even Electric Soldier Porygon can be included, just replace the seizure effect with something better.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:58 pm Reply with quote
prime_pm wrote:
[

“But getting to crush the dreams of the next generation trying to become champion would be something else”.
1dbad

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:27 pm Reply with quote
KlarkKentThe3rd wrote:
You just gave me hope......... the entire original series + original movies, with official subs? I won't lose hope! Even Electric Soldier Porygon can be included, just replace the seizure effect with something better.

I can't see them ever releasing Electric Soldier Porygon, even if we do get official subs. I also imagine any subbing effort would start with Horizons and see how that does before even considering any backlog releases.
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:50 pm Reply with quote
KlarkKentThe3rd wrote:

The news of Ash being replaced as the main character of the anime was announced on the anniversary of the Pokemon Shock Incident - they're still trying their hardest to erase the whole thing from memory.

I'd like to think they'd simulcast Horizons or even do the whole Netflix thing where they do it on a delay, but the English side of things have specifically just referred to Japan's release date, and in this recent trailer they replaced the Japanese theme song entirely so it's really hard to say.

(Incidentally, since it's an actual Netflix-produced show Pokemon Concierge is probably likely to come with the Japanese vocal track in the states, so that's something)
KlarkKentThe3rd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:41 am Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:
KlarkKentThe3rd wrote:

The news of Ash being replaced as the main character of the anime was announced on the anniversary of the Pokemon Shock Incident - they're still trying their hardest to erase the whole thing from memory.

I'd like to think they'd simulcast Horizons or even do the whole Netflix thing where they do it on a delay, but the English side of things have specifically just referred to Japan's release date, and in this recent trailer they replaced the Japanese theme song entirely so it's really hard to say.

(Incidentally, since it's an actual Netflix-produced show Pokemon Concierge is probably likely to come with the Japanese vocal track in the states, so that's something)

How is making a sequel/rebooting a show "erasing original from history"?? Did The Nutty Professor erased The Nutty Professor from history? The original show should have ended LONG ago, it went on for far too long.

Last edited by KlarkKentThe3rd on Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Hagaren Viper

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:11 am Reply with quote
KlarkKentThe3rd wrote:
How is making a sequel/rebooting a show "erasing original from history"?? Does The Nutty Professor erased The Nutty Professor from history? The original show should have ended LONG ago, it went on for far too long.

Uh, you tell me? 'The whole thing' was referencing the Pokemon Shock incident and the Electric Soldier Porygon episode, which was kind of a huge ordeal that I'm sure everyone involve just wants to forget.
KlarkKentThe3rd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:58 am Reply with quote
Okay, I misread that as "new show erases the original from history".
Eternal Dragon Of ChaOZ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 3:03 am Reply with quote
I will be skipping this anime.

I have no interest in another pokemon series with another pikachu as a main character.

Weak and spineless cowards having to rely on pikachu again.

What's the point of having a new series with the same exact characters over and over again?
KlarkKentThe3rd

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:48 am Reply with quote
They are contractually obligated to use Pikachu because if they don't, Yakuza and Japan Airlines will send assassins. I would like a Raichu myself, but I understand the ugly behind the scenes rules.
Rob19ny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:46 am Reply with quote
Well, I guess I can safely say that the end of Satoshi and Pikachu is my exit out of the PM series. The last game I played was Y. It was one and done. This happened with Silver remake before it. Once I beat it, I didn't touch it again. Y just confirmed that I was done with the games. Thank you Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth for filling the hole in my heart. For the anime, I stopped at like episode 18 of Best Wishes and never returned to that. It just wasn't hitting. I got back into the anime when XY was close to the Pokemon League due to word of mouth about how its amazing and they did not lie. It was the most hyped experience. I did not like the change with S&M. The only eps I watched when old characters returned and the "league". I only started watching PM 2019 when it was announced it was be the end of Satoshi and Pikachu. So this is where I'm officially done with PM as a whole. Peace.

Thank you for the good times Satoshi and Pikachu.
Digimon_Sommelier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:22 pm Reply with quote
I watched the first subbed episode of Horizons. I'll stick with Digimon!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2