• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 16bit Sensation: Watashi to Minna ga Tsukutta Bishōjo Game Manga's Anime to Tell Original Stor

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BalmungHHQ

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:02 am Reply with quote
It kind of figures something like this would happen. Trying to adapt the original manga as-is would be tough considering all the exposition and details that it goes in-depth explaining. It was a format that specifically worked because it was a manga.

I'm down for an original story as long as it maintains the same themes and vibe as the manga. Based on the key visual, with the new character holding what seems to be a modern tablet, I wonder if there'll be elements tying together the past and present...

I'm very interested to see what kind of approach the series takes. Smile
ballinamon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:39 am Reply with quote
Oh didn't know Wakaki was still doing something after his last works had flopped.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:51 pm Reply with quote
I guess if a straight adaption wouldn't have worked, I'm curious to see what they do with this.

The key visual is quite nice.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 1:06 pm Reply with quote
It must be too technical to adapt the manga for a general audience, i'd probably understand the anime for the most part if it was adapted from the manga since I dabbled with the PC-98 before, but audiences that aren't 30-55 may not understand it.
ChaosWarrior95

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2023 9:45 pm Reply with quote
ballinamon wrote:
Oh didn't know Wakaki was still doing something after his last works had flopped.

He has a relatively successful manga going on right now too, 365 Days to the Wedding, which recently got a live action drama. Fake relationship turns to real workplace romance with very fun characters. I really like it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1