• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Ayashimon GN 1

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:14 am Reply with quote
Considering that you mentioned this volume is mostly set-up, I think you should’ve mentioned that this series was cancelled super early. It seems like something people should know going in.
tintor2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:21 am Reply with quote
Sounds like the mc is a mix between Saitama and Staz
Lord Geo

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:36 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Kaku includes plenty of visuals to go along with them (with copyrights carefully noted, so he doesn't have to fudge the details)

Sadly, this only applies to titles that are directly called out & verbally referenced, as none of the various Jump manga that are only visually referenced, like via the many magazine & tankouban covers seen (which are all actual covers that Kaku replicated), aren't clarified at all, which is sad (if understandable, as I'm sure the translator or editor wouldn't have been up for researching each & every one of those). But, as mentioned in the +s & -s, this would apply under the lack of "cultural notes", I guess.
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:38 pm Reply with quote
I honestly can't fathom why this got canned, it was fantastic from start to stop.
Toyokaaaa

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2023 11:13 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
I honestly can't fathom why this got canned, it was fantastic from start to stop.

The answer for most canned series is either low sales or low rating. Sometimes both.

I liked the art for this series, but plot was quite standard as far as supernatural shounen go. But it had potential to grow in the interesting direction, so its fate saddens me.
Soulwarfare

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:10 am Reply with quote
It just wasn't as interesting or as good as Hell's Paradise.

Hope their next work is more of a hit
KarlFranz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:55 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:

Low sale and low readers' interest. A major complain about the series is the MC. Yeah it fun in short burst but people got tired of his quirk real fast.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1