• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: France's Mediatoon Acquires Edens Zero Anime Season 2's Global Rights

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:52 am Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Hagaren Viper wrote:
Well that's a... unique situation. When's the last time that Netflix dropped a 'Netflix Original' anime? Granted, this was just one of their normal licenses.

The CG Saint Seiya, and half of that was Sony having distribution rights to the movie, so it went to Crunchyroll. It’s rare, although it does happen.

On a similar note, some of the Netflix originals made by companies like Dreamworks are starting to come due on contracts and leaving the service.

There was also Teasing Master Takagi-San which Netflix didn’t even bother licensing it’s 3rd Season and movie which went to Sentai, despite licensing the 2nd season from FUNImation.
DisneyXAnimefan95

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:57 am Reply with quote
Hagaren Viper wrote:
Well that's a... unique situation. When's the last time that Netflix dropped a 'Netflix Original' anime? Granted, this was just one of their normal licenses.

Teasing Master Takagi-San was another example in which Netflix despite licensing the 2nd season from FUNImation, didn’t even bother licensing it’s 3rd Season and it’s movie which went to Sentai Filmworks instead, but that was also due to Netflix since late 2021 onwards they went through a transition period where they have been focusing more on creating and commissioning their own original anime instead of licensing anime series like they used to back in 2015-2021 where they used to license 4-6 Anime series licenses, now since 2022 and right now it’s been reduced to 1-3 Anime series licenses, considering Crunchyroll and Sentai are licensing the bulk of the anime for the Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter Seasons.
Cardcaptor Takato

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:50 am Reply with quote
So what does this mean for the US streams and who will have s2?
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 6:14 am Reply with quote
That's - as they say - the 64 million dollar question. TBD.
Fourteenthangel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 11:50 pm Reply with quote
While I like the convivence of streaming anime certainly. I miss the days when most things were on either Crunchyroll or at the very least Funimation or even Netflix. I really don't care for the streaming wars. I would've figured something like Eden's Zero would get better treatment than this but reality is often disappointing they say.
lealex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:33 am Reply with quote
meetskorun wrote:
Wow Edens Zero really just be getting more screwed over with each season.

With the manga in its final arc and wrapping up in about a year (optimistically speaking), they'll probably either say next that there will be no Season 3, and if there is, it could get the Promised Neverland treatment.
Adv193

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:59 am Reply with quote
To top it off, Kodansha stopped releasing chapters digitally for a small fee, making it harder to keep up with the series, forcing me to use other means to keep up until a new legal solution comes about.

After all, prior to Kodansha releasing it digitally, Mashima's previous manga series Rave Master had similar problems in terms of distribution in this country.
lealex

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 1:47 pm Reply with quote
Adv193 wrote:
To top it off, Kodansha stopped releasing chapters digitally for a small fee, making it harder to keep up with the series, forcing me to use other means to keep up until a new legal solution comes about.

After all, prior to Kodansha releasing it digitally, Mashima's previous manga series Rave Master had similar problems in terms of distribution in this country.

There's supposed to be a new app next month, but it looks like it will be point-based like Magapoke, and there's no telling if it'll include any of the manga chapters they skipped over ever since they stopped the simulpubs, both from January and the ones that were dropped months before.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3