• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: The Dangers in My Heart

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 3:40 pm Reply with quote
It was nice to see Yamada's mom and get to see more of Ichikawa's mom. Yamada was totally freaking out at getting to know her crushes mom, which was adorable.

Ichikawa ASMR is a powerful thing.

That was probably one of the most natural falling into of a girls' chest I have ever seen in an anime. Also...his pants changed when he woke up, didn't he?
Andrew Cunningham

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 9:41 am Reply with quote
Junior high second year students are 13 and 14, they're no longer preteens.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 9:50 am Reply with quote
Yamada going on the offensive! And Ichikawa can't keep denying the obvious.

Looking forward to an eventual Christmas Eve date.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2023 10:25 am Reply with quote
The thumbnail for Ep 9 should be "The Dangers in My Face." Very Happy

As usual, my favorite parts are the small throwaway jokes they toss in, this time when she casually tries to steal his bike. Perfectly timed beat between her exiting the frame and his belated realization.

It's kinda funny that when going to Your Score to rate the episodes, after 20+ min of hearing "Yamada, Yamada, Yamada," this series is usually on the list right above My Love Story With Yamada-kun at Lv999 (which I'm not watching). They even referred to her as a Level 99 this episode! Laughing I keep feeling like I'm clicking on the wrong series...
ItsThatBriGuy

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2023 7:39 am Reply with quote
There actually WAS significant character regression in episode nine, as material from much earlier in the manga timeline was moved here to reinforce plot beats in the meat of this story instead.
nl_TvdL

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:12 pm Reply with quote
When this show began it was good enough for me to keep watching but i didn't thought about it like it would be one of my favourites this season. Fast forward to now: It is totally my favourite show and i can't think of a couple i'm rooting for this much in a long time. These two just have something between them. It was such a nice moment when they were holding hands and walked slowly because they didn't want it to end. I'm almost like.. proud of Kyotaro and the progression he has made.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:03 pm Reply with quote
That was an adorable Christmas Eve date! Yamada really took the lead here and you can tell how much she was enjoying it.

I love how Yamada feels enough like Ichikawa's girlfriend that she felt obligated to introduce herself to his sister.

So, so much handholding...and Ichikawa is now getting serenaded by the male lead of a Shojo manga. Wild.
ItsThatBriGuy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 4:11 pm Reply with quote
MFrontier wrote:
I love how Yamada feels enough like Ichikawa's girlfriend that she felt obligated to introduce herself to his sister.

Anna's arc is endlessly fascinating, as she struggles between her intense desire to step on the accelerator in this relationship and her innate understanding that doing so would destroy it.

At times, she just can't help herself (the elevator, the latest round with Pickup-pai) and there are times when she's delighted and surprised that Kyou will take the lead for however brief a time (the chocolate incident), but she absolutely has to move at his pace or else.

Unless, of course, events outside their control decide otherwise...
MFrontier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2023 3:56 pm Reply with quote
Having a video chat with your (girl)friend in that top and the worst part is your arms broken so you can't fap to it. Classic teen problems. But it's nice to see the two having a moment even separated from each other.

"For now." Oh boy, Ichikawa you're getting her hopes up.

Once his sister realizes he has a chance, she finally unloads all the teasing she had in store. Nice.

Even in her exercise clothes and walking her dog, Yamada is slaying. And surprisingly forward with that paw into handholding.

Ugh. I thought we were done with Haruya. Take a hint, buddy! But at least Ichikawa stood his ground and earned Moe's respect by not giving up Yamada's Line ID. If only he had taken her up on her offer of coming up he'd have seen Yamada too!
Amuro1X

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Season 2 will not disappoint. Wink
encrypted12345

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 12:32 pm Reply with quote
I like how Yamada encourages Ichikawa and forces him to acknowledge that his low self-esteem isn't as warranted as he thinks it is. It helps to show that while it may seem that Ichikawa is likes someone out way out of his league from Ichikawa's point of view, Yamada herself puts Ichikawa in high regard. This is something that's more obvious later on in the material that Season 2 is likely to adapt, but the implication has been there for a while.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2023 5:13 pm Reply with quote
I love how Yamada is all smiles and gracious when meeting Ichikawa's family but is a little miffed he double-booked on her.

Ichikawa and her sisters are like of two minds. No wonder she's such a great wingwoman. Even invites Yamada home to see some embarrassing yearbook photos!

Ichikawa has a lot of anxiety and insecurity problems since middle school. That just makes it all the more important that someone like Yamada not only sees him but genuinely cares about him and helps bring him out of his shell.

That bed scene...wow. And Yamada makes sure she's got the goods before leaving.

Look, it's your subconscious shirtless Shojo male lead!

Here's to season 2!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3