• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: The Dangers in My Heart

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Scream Man

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:41 am Reply with quote
I know this is ridiculous, but given the 2 dots (I assume birthmarks or moles) on Yamadas neck I thought for sure she would be revealed as a vampire at some stage.

Anime has ruined me.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 8:57 am Reply with quote
The Scream Man wrote:
I know this is ridiculous, but given the 2 dots (I assume birthmarks or moles) on Yamadas neck I thought for sure she would be revealed as a vampire at some stage.

Anime has ruined me.

Well, that's just ridiculous.

Clearly, she's a succubus. Wink
Aerdra

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 7:15 pm Reply with quote
The interactions between Ichikawa and Yamada are so cute.

By the way, the place they visit for their assignment, Akita Shoten, is a real publishing company. In fact, it publishes the manga that this anime is adapted from, which is probably why references to the company and the manga it publishes didn't have to be altered, while references to other manga were tweaked slightly to be non-infringing but still recognizable. The building also looks identical in the anime.

In addition, there were two names in the cast, not recognizable as any current seiyuu, credited with voicing members of the editorial department, which makes me wonder if they gave actual editors at Akita Shoten a cameo appearance?
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 7:39 pm Reply with quote
It's so sweet watching Ichikawa and Yamada's developing relationship, especially when you see how much Yamada likes him and is conveying her feelings.

I alternate between finding Adachi cringe and thinking "down boy!"
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 8:32 am Reply with quote
Showing up as a ghost photo was as funny a visual joke as hailing the taxi. Laughing
Ermeson

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 9:30 am Reply with quote
Aerdra wrote:
In addition, there were two names in the cast, not recognizable as any current seiyuu, credited with voicing members of the editorial department, which makes me wonder if they gave actual editors at Akita Shoten a cameo appearance?

They are the BokuYaba manga editors, and both are also credited in the opening as 原作協力.
ItsThatBriGuy

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2023 2:14 am Reply with quote
If that transition in episode five felt a little clunky, spoiler[ be prepared to feel it happen more than once as "extra" material from the manga's Twitter feed is incorporated into the main story flow. These bits are much shorter than the typical main "karte" content and are usually focused on a punchline. You can expect more of this kind of content after a particular story beat is established this week, as many of these early extras presume that event to have already taken place.]
champeagle3

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 2:57 pm Reply with quote
This is one of the few shows I eagerly wait for each week.

And Ushio... my goodness. Whatever they are paying him for the OST, it is not enough. The way they use his music makes scenes great and so compelling, especially like the end of episode 6. Can't wait to hear the whole score.
garfield15

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:06 pm Reply with quote
The episode review article picture seems to be the same one from last week
MFrontier

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2023 8:33 pm Reply with quote
A lot of romances this season are doing a great job of depicting natural adolescents as they fall in love and grow closer, but I just can't help but become so invested in watching these two dorks inch closer and closer to being together.
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2023 6:54 am Reply with quote
The Scream Man wrote:

Anime has ruined me.

Man, I was thinking the same thing...Ha! Ha!
ItsThatBriGuy

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2023 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Anna at this point is not only fine with Icchi knowing her feelings toward him, she flat out tells him on the train home the kind of relationship she wants with him.

The drama comes from whether or not he's prepared to emerge from his long-term depression and the coping mechanisms we've seen he developed as a result and accept the things he's now seeing and experiencing as fact...and whether or not, if he does, he'll find the strength to do what he'll need to do to finally begin actually moving forward with his life.
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 1:38 pm Reply with quote
Yamada's practically wearing her heart on her sleeve when it comes to her feelings for Ichikawa. I mean, snagging his jersey, sniffing it, staring longingly at him...and not to mention getting jealous of him being close with another girl.

She's definitely saving him a seat next to her for her movie premier.
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2023 10:13 pm Reply with quote
Based on first impressions, I wouldn't have thought this would be such an enjoyable series, but here we are Smile The "all I see is you" scene was great. Looking forward to seeing how things progress next week Smile

It's really not important, but the 4 of them rotating for the seats just seemed like a bad solution to the problem, so it annoyed me, even though as I said, it's not really important lol
Why not just switch Anna and Kyotaro? Then Anna won't be blocking the 3rd seat and see can stare at Kyotaro all day lol
ItsThatBriGuy

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2023 1:45 pm Reply with quote
Y'all want answers to all the questions posed in this not-exactly-a-review of karte 8? Hoo boy, is this next episode for you.

(Also, if Ichikawa remembered anything after Yamada picked him up, there'd be no questions left to be answered in his mind.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3