• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: My Home Hero

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MFrontier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:03 pm Reply with quote
If Kasen wasn't already a housewife she'd make a decent cat burglar with her husband handling planning. These two are very effective at committing crimes as husband and wife.

I didn't think Kyoichi would give up without a fight and with nothing left to lose he just straight up tells Matori about the Tosu's. Sets up the final arc well.

Reika...so close, yet so far. Which is about how her parents like it.
jdnation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I appreciated this show. Different amongst the usual slate of content. Hope we get more like it.
Aerdra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Episode 12

Did Matori really love his son? I got the impression that he didn't really care one way or the other, until the yakuza put in his head that loving his son gave him a purpose in life. So when he lost his son, the reason for his grief is that he lost what made him human.

The end of the fight was surprising. All the elements set up in the previous episode came into play in a completely different manner than I expected. On the other hand, the latter half of the episode felt uneven, as if the script needed to pad out the runtime to come to a suitable stopping point.

Overall, I loved this series. I felt tense almost every minute watching this show, and the time flew by. This show was not on my radar prior to the season, but is currently my second place pick for spring 2023.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2