• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Heroic Age TV Anime Announced

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sakura Shinguji

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:54 pm Reply with quote
From the news item:

Quote:
The writer's last big work was the anime series Sokyuu no Fafner.

Does Le Chevalier d'Eon not count for some reason? At least that was a whole series; despite holding supervisory positions for Fafner, Ubukata didn't do too much writing or any actual scripting for Fafner until Xebec and King Records decided they needed someone to save the series' writing from Yamanobe's incompetence halfway through. However, turning 12+ episodes of another less-than-talented writer's convoluted setups and plot thread entanglings into something resembling a decently written series does deserve mention as a big work in a way.

Anyway, about Heroic Age, it's tough to get away from Hisashi Hirai's distinctive character designs, so Hirai + Xebec = something that in a number of stylistic ways will be Fafner Redux, for better or worse. But more Naoki Sato music is excellent (I really like the music she produced for X and Eureka seveN), as is another song (or more?) from angela.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1