• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
EP. REVIEW: Whisper Me a Love Song

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
Wait, is Episode 8 a recap or not? I'm confused

Episode 8 came out several hours later than usual on HIDIVE (presumably, it just met the airing deadline but was delivered to HIDIVE too late to be released on time with subtitles) and is a real episode. The next two weeks will be recap episodes (whether or not HIDIVE decides to release them), followed by episodes 9 and 10 (if there are no further delays). They'll lose the time slot after that, so 11 and 12's releases are currently unknown.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2024 4:21 pm Reply with quote
blahmoomoo wrote:
Episode 8 came out several hours later than usual on HIDIVE (presumably, it just met the airing deadline but was delivered to HIDIVE too late to be released on time with subtitles) and is a real episode. The next two weeks will be recap episodes (whether or not HIDIVE decides to release them), followed by episodes 9 and 10 (if there are no further delays). They'll lose the time slot after that, so 11 and 12's releases are currently unknown.

Thank you. I plan to skip the recap episodes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Saeryen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 6:50 pm Reply with quote
Okay, whaaaaaat? This review sounds like Episode 9 is a regular episode and not a recap. I'm confused.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
John the Dark Lord

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
Okay, whaaaaaat? This review sounds like Episode 9 is a regular episode and not a recap. I'm confused.

The recaps aren't numbered episodes, so after two recaps we get a normal episode: this one, episode 9.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2024 7:45 pm Reply with quote
John the Dark Lord wrote:
Saeryen wrote:

The recaps aren't numbered episodes, so after two recaps we get a normal episode: this one, episode 9.

Oh, I misremembered having seen it last week for some reason. My bad.
Piglet the Grate

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2024 7:36 pm Reply with quote
I have a morbid curiosity about how Kyou Amasawa died (accident is so vague) and whether or not dreaded Truck-kun was involved?

Two episodes left to show Yori meeting Marota, but I am not getting my hopes up.
q_3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:56 am Reply with quote
Kyou returning only to reveal that she became the savior of another world through the power of her music would definitely not help Shiho's inferiority complex.
MartinWisse

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2024 3:11 am Reply with quote
Episode ten confirmed I guessed right back in episode 7:

Quote:
I think she had a crush on Aki and couldn't handle it when Aki was looking at Yori rather than her, that the only way she could deal with that was to quit.

And this episode also made it clear it wasn't Shiho who kept dropping out of bands, it was she who got dropped from bands for not vibing with them, or being too demanding. Her elitist demeanor is just a front to keep herself from being hurt.

Knowning all this and Shiho knowing Yori is in love with Himari, not Aki, doesn't actually solve anything for her. Aki is exceedingly unlikely to return her feelings especially after she fscked up leaving the band.

That's why I like harem series: if everybody can just share the protagonist nobody has to get hurt!
Yuvelir

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 9:37 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Even people who at first seem strictly one-note have more going on; not everyone gets the chance to develop

This hurts a little, knowing Mari's turn got chopped off so this arc can be completed.
Saeryen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:06 am Reply with quote
No episode yesterday. Any news on when the last two will be on HIDIVE?
blahmoomoo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:20 am Reply with quote
Saeryen wrote:
No episode yesterday. Any news on when the last two will be on HIDIVE?

They ran out of time on the rented TV block because of the delays (another show should be airing there now), so the last two episodes are indefinitely delayed. They will likely be released at the end of the summer season, based on how other shows with delays like this have been handled.
q_3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2024 11:38 am Reply with quote
I don't think we have any information. Worst case scenario would be something like Maerchen Maedchen which took over a year to get its final episodes out.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4