• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Picks up Suzuka

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:08 pm Reply with quote
So, after shooting a C&D cannon about this series (thus alerting us to the fact that FUNimation had it), we now get an official announcement. *lol* But for fans of the series, a release date is nice though.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:14 pm Reply with quote
Well, i was expecting release information for a previously announced series but this is good news for Suzuka fans.

I hope this Kickoff isn't just announcements for titles from their C&D letters. It's good news for my wallet, but it would be nice to hear something about a series I care about.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:38 pm Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Well, i was expecting release information for a previously announced series but this is good news for Suzuka fans.

I hope this Kickoff isn't just announcements for titles from their C&D letters. It's good news for my wallet, but it would be nice to hear something about a series I care about.

I think so, 5 days, five different titles that were announced in the C&D......I just think that it makes way too much sense. I am just really glad that Mushishi is going to be announced....well I am hoping that it is. Considering ratings for this show, I really want to give it a chance. When it was being subbed, I was watching so much that it really got pushed to the back.

Delta
Nermal

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quote
"Love is not a spectator sport..."

I love reading the slogans they use for each series. The website says summer 2007 for the release date. Then again the Navarre website says June 12, which I guess is still spring. Not really too excited about this announcement...I myself am waiting for a Honoka series Wink
hikaru004

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Oh well, I guess it's time to wait for Sakura Taisen, xxxHOLiC TV and Mushishi announcements.

So far, FUNimation is saving me money. Wink
LightYagami

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:55 pm Reply with quote
my question is that will they announce Tsubasa chronicles? or is Funi just waiting for the series to end in Japan?
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:40 am Reply with quote
LightYagami wrote:
my question is that will they announce Tsubasa chronicles? or is Funi just waiting for the series to end in Japan?

Well, they already announced the first season a year ago.

If you mean Season 2, there's no absolute guarantee that they'll get season 2, but it is rather likely. The latter part of your question isn't something that can be answered easily.

As for the whole thing, the announcement of at least 1-2 of their new batch of C&D titles was practically inevitable. But I won't be surprised if 1-2 of the remaining announcements are regarding certain release dates *glances at Slayers*, or a new non-C&D license.

We'll just have to wait and see.
DKL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 12:45 am Reply with quote
Cardcaptor Sakura re-license for the win!

But yeah... I hope something we don't already know happens... like...

I dunno.
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:43 am Reply with quote
Haha. I hear this news the day I purchase the Suzuka manga online.

The manga was rated mature though.. Wonder what's going to be in it, as well as in the anime series.
Stullz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:00 am Reply with quote
Suzuka manga= more ecchi (some nudity a bit more language including the f-bomb, and perversion)

Suzuka anime = think more Love Hina-esque (I don't remember any frontal nudity in it maybe some rear though, also somewhat serious)

Both are pretty well done imo, I'm glad for the series, There goes more of my $.
Kyaa the Catlord

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:26 am Reply with quote
The manga is much superior to the anime, unfortunately. Sad
Stullz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:37 am Reply with quote
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:

Ehhh, Having only read the 2 volumes out in the US so far I'd have to agree (most mangas do seem to be better than their anime counterparts though unless the anime came first. imo)
Kyaa the Catlord

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:40 am Reply with quote
Stullz wrote:
Kyaa the Catlord wrote:

Ehhh, Having only read the 2 volumes out in the US so far I'd have to agree (most mangas do seem to be better than their anime counterparts though unless the anime came first. imo)

Suzuka doesn't come off as badly in the manga as she does in the anime, maybe it was her seiyu, but she was really unappealing in the anime. Sad
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:50 pm Reply with quote
The anime was more tame in terms of nudity than the manga, which shows nudity in the form of breasts and nipples.

Kyaa the Catlord wrote:

Suzuka doesn't come off as badly in the manga as she does in the anime, maybe it was her seiyu, but she was really unappealing in the anime. Sad

Really? I've only read Vol. 1, but she still seems as rude and obnoxious as her anime counterpart to me.

& I guess I was right about my comment in my last post. Smile
nater801

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 10:05 pm Reply with quote
yeah i dunno what u mean but i ve seen the entire 26 episode anime and it is really serious love. I mean ....whoa. spoiler[I really wish he stayed with Honoka than in the end go with Suzuka. I mean Honoka is smart, loved him for a long time, cute, sexy, cooks, even gets in bed with him then what the fudge?]

I am going to start to read the manga and hope there is some action, and the starting theme song of the anime is really in my head because i think its really deep and emotional.....sigh....i liked it ...i t was i guess sensationall.....sigh

oh yeah what does C&D mean? and if Funimation picks up Suzuka won't they charge the people to see instead of making it free? ....please answer
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2