• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Anime and Manga Fan's Guide to Comic-Con 2011

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Congratulations to Fantagraphics for their 35 year anniversary!

I can't wait to read the results for the Best and Worst Manga of the Year.

I would love it if one of ANN's excellent writers could report on what is discussed during the CBLDF: Can Comics Send You To Jail? presentation.
tenebrusmke79

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:22 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Anyways, since Inuyasha: Final Act is in the schedule, let's see how fast Viz could release it.
It is? I didn't see it on the schedule at all, so it must not be on the schedule then. Where did you see that Inuyasha Final Act was on the schedule?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:31 pm Reply with quote
tenebrusmke79 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:
Anyways, since Inuyasha: Final Act is in the schedule, let's see how fast Viz could release it.

It is? I didn't see it on the schedule at all, so it must not be on the schedule then. Where did you see that Inuyasha Final Act was on the schedule?

Oh, here: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci11_anime_thu.php
phoenixphire24

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Comic-con happy dance! I can't wait for all the manga panels and the one on ATLA. Hopefully these will be easy to get into since everyone else will be packing themselves into Hall H or Ballroom 20. I do wish they wouldn't schedule the manga/anime companies at the same time though.
Crying or Very sad
population_tire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Year after year I wish I lived near California.

Especially since I want the My Little Pony poster. Crying or Very sad
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:23 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
tenebrusmke79 wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

Oh, here: http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci11_anime_thu.php

That means nothing. We really don't know if they're screening the sub or a brand-spankin'-new dub! But it's reasonable to believe it's the sub because Gurren Lagann is on there, and it's been released for longer in both audio forms than InuYasha: The Final Act has been released subtitled.

However, it would be nice for someone to report on that and if it IS infact the dub, we might be getting somewhere here.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Futurama
12:15-1 p.m. Ballroom 20
This panel has nothing to do with anime really, except that it promises "never-before-seen footage of Futurama reincarnated as Japanese anime." We figured some of you might be interested in that.

I'm beginning to see the downside of anyone being able to make a convention panel if they buy a space

Oh well, still better than that 'applying Star Wars Jedi philosophy to Shounen Manga' panel I saw.

I've never been to Comic Con for obvious reasons, but.. it's not about comics? That seems... detrimental. Ah well, not really any panels I'm interested in it seems.. I imagine all the big license reveals will be at a proper anime convention.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:15 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Quote:
Futurama
12:15-1 p.m. Ballroom 20
This panel has nothing to do with anime really, except that it promises "never-before-seen footage of Futurama reincarnated as Japanese anime." We figured some of you might be interested in that.

I'm beginning to see the downside of anyone being able to make a convention panel if they buy a space

Oh well, still better than that 'applying Star Wars Jedi philosophy to Shounen Manga' panel I saw.

I've never been to Comic Con for obvious reasons, but.. it's not about comics? That seems... detrimental. Ah well, not really any panels I'm interested in it seems.. I imagine all the big license reveals will be at a proper anime convention.

The way I see it, it's all derivative of comics of some sort. Anime is generally derivative of manga, which are Japanese comic strips in a sense. And the idea of an animated sitcom would have never come to be if it wasn't for comic strips that run in newspapers. Some of them, like Garfield, Dilbert, and Peanuts, have had animated specials made out of them, which gave the idea for animated sitcoms, or the animated sitcom in its own right.
cannonballz

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:41 am Reply with quote
[quote]Robotech
7-8 p.m. Room 6DE
Robotech creative director Tommy Yune and Robotech.com webmaster Steve Yun are back once again to promote the latest and greatest from Harmony Gold.

I wish HG would let somebody licence Macross Frontier!

I also would like to see if Adult Swim has any new anime for the fall.
GordanHam

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:51 am Reply with quote
This was very helpful. Thank you ANN.

I really can't wait to see what comes out of the JManga panel.

I also am always all ears for the Jump panel, especially since they got Hisashi Sasaki this year, but as for Viz's part of it is always a lot of poop. "Yeah, we are totally going to $10 subscriptions to bring in new dedicated subsribers." You lied Viz! And then you turned around and cut the magazine to shreads and changed it to 10 issues a year with no forewarning.

And I hope something comes out of the Fantagraphics panel, their release plan for Wandering Son is ridiculous.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2