• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Shelf Life - Chasing Trains

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:21 pm Reply with quote
On Comipas: I don't know if this is how it actually works or not, but the stories make it out to be a monthly (or near-about) event, with the two biggest being summer and winter.

PS - This was volume three, not two (the cover art and descriptions on ANN navigation frame anyway, but the "splashing in water" was volume two.) Had hoped to submit my review on this one, but the last episode broke my fragile little mind.

NGE1113 wrote:
Comic Party was remade into Revolution, but the second version has much more in common with the manga.

It is much more harem oriented like the new manga (ADV) while thankfully not following the story, but as a result both feel a little off from the first (CPM.)

ChrisBeveridge wrote:
I haven't updated my stuff in a couple of weeks but I think I'm over 4300 now.

That's just sick. At least I feel better about not being the only one who hasn't gotten around to getting new batteries for all the shots needed.

britannicamoore wrote:
where did you buy your shelves- i need so new ones

My personal recommendation is (not a spoiler, just don't want it to seem like blatant advertising) spoiler[Atlantic's new 1080/504s. Since they fixed the spacing issues plaguing the 756/360s, these things are 8 shelf behemoths. Mine is currently serving as an actual bookshelf (hopefully pictures to follow,) but MM books and DVDs are about the same size, so I done with the smaller ones.]
NGE1113

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:56 pm Reply with quote
bglassbrook wrote:
NGE1113 wrote:
Comic Party was remade into Revolution, but the second version has much more in common with the manga.

It is much more harem oriented like the new manga (ADV) while thankfully not following the story, but as a result both feel a little off from the first (CPM.)

Actually, the CPM release had nothing to do with the the other three Comic Party properties. It consisted of efforts from independent artists, in the doujinshi spirit of Comic Party. Also, while ADV did handle Revolution, Tokyopop published the Inui version of the manga, which was the basis both for both anime series.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:22 am Reply with quote
NGE1113 wrote:
Also, while ADV did handle Revolution, Tokyopop published the Inui version of the manga

I caught that little gaffe earlier while shelving this week's arrivals. Therefore, I must apologize for my spell-checker (me staring at the screen for ten seconds wondering why it looked wrong) not catching it sooner.
TriezGamer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quote
Samurai-with-glasses wrote:
Generic A loves generic B loves generic C who loves generic D who actually loves generic A and cries all the time don't make for attention-catching material in my book.

While I won't argue with you regarding the character designs being generic, I would hardly describe the plot as generic. Don't let pictures fool you.
aorta

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:20 pm Reply with quote
http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/01/the_idolmster_m.html

a more indepth look at the arcade version of iDOLM@STER complete with a diary where people leave fanart of their characters.
TranquilSlogan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:55 am Reply with quote
everyone who is even remotely interested in this game should check out the link provided by aorta. i thought it was a stupid idea for a game before visiting the site.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3