• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Fall of Legends

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:26 am Reply with quote
At great risk of damaging my sterling reputation as a popular, unaffected and fashionably cool dude [\sarcasm], here's a thing I found:

BRING BACK MEGAMAN LEGENDS 3! Petition

I hear signing it makes one popular with the ladies. Or with the guys, if you're a lady. Or with the ladies if you're a lady and that's your thing. It could just be an urban legend, though.

...Or a MEGAMAN Legend.

Okay that's enough nerding, just sign it! Laughing

P.S. - Oh yeah, and looks like some MML fans have set up a "100,000 Strong for Bringing Back Megaman Legends 3" Facebook Page (give it a good Like), and some sorta Wordpress blog here.

P.P.S. - Looks like the artists for the upcoming Skullgirls game aren't thrilled with the cancellation either, and are apparently miffed by Capcom Europe's remarks implying it was the fans fault.
Penguin_Factory

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:35 am Reply with quote
Quote:
First, they close down Clover Studio because "it did not make money."

You can't really blame them for that. They're a business, if something is losing money for them they'd be stupid to keep it going.
Moonsaber

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:51 am Reply with quote
naninanino wrote:
Sorry Buster Blader, for the misquote.

It seems I made an error on thinking they were adding it, given all the demands, but now it seems otherwise. I won't support practices that are against my interests so I'll be skipping on the game. A good thing I noticed.

(Also, Dynasty Warriors Gundam 1 & 3, Mobile Suit Gundam: Target in Sight and Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage had dual audio options. Dynasty Warriors 7 had it as DLC.)
'

Ah, thanks for the additions to the 'list'. I know it is not uncommon, at least in RPGs, for the Japanese track to be available. I just shot off a few.

Sorry you feel you need to deprive yourself of the game, me.. I'm buying it regardless, because I think I will enjoy it, but I do understand your point. Remember, PS3 is regionless, so you can always get the Japanese copy, I suppose?
DTJB

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 1:35 pm Reply with quote
Like those pics from the Skullgirls crew.
Lightning Leo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:46 pm Reply with quote
The Bring Back MML3 Facebook Page has already gotten over 9000 Likes, in 3 days time that's gotta be some sorta record!

And yes, Vegeta is breaking a scouter somewhere. Laughing

The page seems to have become the hub for all the Megaman-Legends-related activity, so I ask any and all kind souls to please lend support and give the page a good Like. They've got the latest news, funny and optimistic fan input, and up-to-date musings on the controversial rumor mill (like cosplay fans being turned away by security at Capcom's Comic-Con booth, or the animosity that Capcom Europe unleashed with its offhand twitter remarks).

Looks like there's a letter-writing campaign at Rockman Corner as well... the postcards look really cute! Laughing

Geez, that's a lotta fan mobilization in such a short period of time. Shocked
Cannon21

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I might have gotten the bleach game on the off chance that i'd be able to play as Urahara or Renji, but i guess that can't be helped.....

below is enough Urahara to satisfy the games lack of Urahara.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGVjTIk80aY

The addition of the japanese track was a nice touch, though.
Ryker61

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:20 pm Reply with quote
Why isn't MML1 and MML2 being released on PSN. I read the article, and them saying that they aren't releasing the games on PSN because of voice-actor contracts makes no sense. What does one have to do with the other. The games have already been made, they just need to convert them to digital format. I swear it seems to me that Capcom doesn't care about their fans anymore. I'm still waiting for Parasite Eve 2 to be released on PSN, and I know that Parasite Eve 2 wasn't made by Capcom. Bottom line is that I've lost all faith and respect in Capcom, and I doubt that I'll be buying anything else from them at all. There is no excuse what-so-ever in them cancelling MML3. I've been waiting for this game since I finished MML2. And it angers me greatly that they made this choice. They had a number of alternative choices to make. If they weren't happy with the graphics, gameplay, whatever, they could have put it on temporary hiatus while they worked to improve those problems, if any existed at all. No reason they have is good enough to justify an outright cancellation.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4