• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Adds Morita-san wa Mukuchi Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Out of curiosity, how do shorts like this air on Japanese TV? Is it between two shows, during a commercial break, or is there a block devoted to a bunch of shorts?
njprogfan
Collector Extraordinaire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:41 pm Reply with quote
Don't we have Yuri Yuri to fill this particular niche? Jeez... I would have preferred Mawaru Penquindrums or Blood-C instead, (even though they're regular length episodes).
JiseiHakushaku

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:50 pm Reply with quote
And so disappointment fills me.

I'd really been hoping for Ikoku Meiro or Kami-sama. A foolish hope at this point, but oh well.

I'll give this a shot. Maybe it won't be so bad. xD
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:53 pm Reply with quote
I'm not surprised at this, they had that one slot open and it would have just been strange to pick up a long series and they didn't have any short gag shows running at this time. I was figuring it would be this or Nyampire.

It sure would be nice if they somehow got the right to host the 30 minute OVA though,

njprogfan, as I understand it CR has absolutely no quota system, they pursue any and every program, whether universally panned or praised, whether they already have other shows of its "niche" already. In fact I usually expect them to get the crappiest shows because those producers are likely the ones that know they have to get creative with their revenue streams. The only other 30 minute show I was thinking they might get was the period/boob mutilation show.... simply because it was such a horrible looking show.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:42 pm Reply with quote
JiseiHakushaku wrote:

I'd really been hoping for Ikoku Meiro or Kami-sama. A foolish hope at this point, but oh well.

The last one (they added another box so this was likely just an extra) will likely be the Milky Holmes 1 episode special. They nearly always do future broadcasts of anime they aired past seasons of, and it gives them time to announce it since everything else this season is already a couple episodes in, and that episode doesn't air until August.
potatochobit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:11 pm Reply with quote
this is a decent show though very short
toyNN

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:41 pm Reply with quote
JiseiHakushaku wrote:

100% agree with wanting those 2 shows (Kami-sama no Memo-chō "kami-memo" not to be confused with Kamisama Dolls).

I'm hopeful that 5min of Morita-san will be far more entertaining (and funny) than Yuri Yuri or R-15 or Nekogami none of which, at least for me, are any good in the humor department which is I think their whole point.

Blood C is streaming for all on [url]ch.niconico.com[/url] and its kind of only been average so far (my expectations are very high for this show) but I'm still very hopeful it'll get better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1