• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Additional Arrietty U.S. Dub Cast Members Named

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:19 am Reply with quote
hmm what does this a bit voicing sort might a bit of remind of that Wizards of Waverly Place series yea got vampire girl as main lead & also justin russo in it?

yea this is so typical disney casting on it.
darkhappy1

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:47 am Reply with quote
Typical or not, those are quite a few big names. As long as they put on a good performance, then it doesn't matter all that much.

I'm also mildly anxious to watch this, since I enjoy what these actors have done...
max_genus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm siding with my wife on Disney's Ghibli voice casting. Plenty of good-great voice actors available now, stop insisting on actors that already have jobs just because of their name recognition.

Dont' get me wrong, I like some of the actors that have done anime dubs - when they are doing live action... However, 9 times out of 10 I don't think they do justice to animated roles.

Mark Hamill I think is the only one I can firmly state has made the transition.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:40 am Reply with quote
I think many people here don't recognize those people there.
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 5:04 am Reply with quote
Dude, awesome! Arrietty's mom is high strung and a bit crazy at times so Amy Poehler should do well. Will Arnett has a good voice for the dad, too. I am pretty stoked.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Myaow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2011 10:13 am Reply with quote
Of course, we know the big question on everyone's mind: will Tom Felton reprise his role as Peagreen?

Anime hyper
yotsubafanfan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:00 pm Reply with quote
This is Bull! I totally thought it was the girl from good luck charlie ( and that I didn't mind much) but finding out that it was the girl that played in "Wizards of Waverly Place" THATS A LOAD F CRAP!!! Disney learn something please! ANIME AND POP US POP CULTURE REFERENCES DONT MIX! The only way I will watch this is just to buy it so I can watch it in Subs and the only way you can watch it in the Dub is so my Nana can understand it without reading subtitles. And so I can go watch it with my friends. ( Its either that or I will buy the UK version and pray that it works on American DVD players, and if it does I can buy "Only Yesterday" my second favorite Ghibli Movie.
But I shouldn't have raised my expectations to high after the horrid dub of "Ponyo" after watching it a couple of times in English I had to switch it to Japanese. But I am excited to see Amy Poehler and Carol Burnett in it.
TurnerJ

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:52 am Reply with quote
I personally think it will be just fine. I've had no problems with any of the Ghibli dubs Disney has done, and I don't agree that the actors chosen for them failed to do justice to their roles. Experienced as voice actors though they may not be, I've never heard any of them turn in a bad performance at all.

As far as Ponyo is concerned, Frankie did well as Sosuke IMO, but Noah was a bit iffy until at least the last minutes of the film.

It really doesn't matter to me WHO Disney chooses, just as long as they do their roles well. And in my opinion, they have, if not flawlessly so.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1