• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
G'Day Mate!!~ The Introduction thread

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaZ616

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 2:31 am Reply with quote
I thought that the Ann.au needs a introduction thread so all newcomers to ANN.au can introduce themselves to the community.

Newcomers can simply (or in detail) state their name, age, what they like, dislike. what they do for a living, what anime they are currently watching, or what anime they like, or even discuss how they came to like anime and what was the first anime they watched etc etc.

So please, dont be shy and introduce yourself Very Happy

I'll start.

My name is Darren Louie. Im 17 and currently living in Ashfield near the city of Sydney. My Background is chinese and i was born in Australia. I speak cantonese and english, abit of french and japanese. Im a student, currently in yr 12 this year.

I love playing sports, watching anime, making videos/pics and games(BTW im not the nerdy type, im the very atheletic type).
I play alot of Basket ball, NRL, soccer, table tennis, surfing and currently am taking Kendo lessions.

For anime, i am currently watching Bleach(because the fillers ended). I will continue naruto when the second part comes out. I just finished watching Gundam Seed Destiny a feww weeks ago aswell as GTO.

Anyways thats all i have for now, 'cause i gotta eat dinner Laughing

Ttyl

-DaZ
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime
sonictail
ANN.au Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:57 am Reply with quote
Ok, i'll keep this ball rolling.

ST~ aka Sonictail aka Jon Hayward

West Aussie, self starter who has a bad habit of saying "yes". Studying Computer Science and Games Programming double major at ECU. My work changes dependent on the time of year but currently I'm freelancing, but I can usually be found also working at ECU during the really late hours.

Anime wise? I'm a old school fan, Gimme Giant Robo, Slayers, Captain Harlock or Tylor any day of the week. But i'm big into Transformers and most animation. But i'm more of a manga fan that anything else.

Also, i'm a sucker for Sgt Frog and Genshiken Smile

Anyways, gotta go.

ST~
Xtreme-X

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quote
My names Ben & my username is Xtreme-X

I've been using ANN for a while now to keep up on current events. I've been a big anime fan now for about 2 years with Gundam Wing and Teknoman starting of my interest in it. I also play my Xbox 360 alot which often competes with watching anime in my free time.

I'm currently watching Trinity Blood, Guyver and Soultaker.

Catch Ya Later. Smile
madmangohan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:02 am Reply with quote
I may as well contribute here.

MMG - madmangohan - Luke Carroll

I'm you're average single teenager who of course likes his games and anime.
I've been an anime fan for quite a long time, and have built up a hefty dvd collection over the years from it all.
I really don't have a favourite anime of all time, but it the past i've been really into Stellvia, Love Hina and Yakitate Japan to name a few.

My spare time is either watching anime, reading manga, playing games, hanging with friends, and every now and then, writing stuff up for the ANN site (something i'll likely do more frequently)

~~~~~
mjgeo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:22 am Reply with quote
Matt here. Melbournite, 22, with 1 exam left before finishing an Arts degree (double major: Psychology, Sociology) at Monash Uni.

I've been watching less and less anime lately, not that I ever watched a great deal to begin with. But I'm more enjoying the social side of anime, which I find pretty interesting given what I've been studying.

As for hobbies, I'm not really into anything, yet into everything at the same time. This makes it almost impossible for me to make decisions about what to do with my time and money.
cannonball

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:08 am Reply with quote
hello,
im all the way from across the ditch.. New Zealand that is...

im mainly a transformers fan (go the movie!!)
but i do dabble in the anime world
im into, space settings, old school, giant mechs, anything actíon orientated really..
examples include, Ghost in the shell, blood, macross and a little bit of gundam, afro ninja, trigun etc etc
im in uni, unitec to be precise studying product design...

i mainly joined up to find out more about old school space/action animes..

catch ya
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quote
Hello, my name is Sean. I have a drinking problem.....oh crap, wrong room. Let me start over. Hello, my name is Sean. I have an anime problem. There we go. Wink
So ummmmm I'm not actually from down under, I'm from up top...I guess. Confused Anywho, I've been into anime for going on 12 years now. Grew up watching shows like Starblazers, Voltron, Giant Robo. Some of the first anime I watched were Akira, Vampire Hunter D, Project A-Ko, Big Wars, Patlabor, Slayers, and Robotech. Over on the ANN USA side we just started this little meet and greet thread, a new and improved welcome thread basically (with the intent on making people post something more substantial which would hopefully set the tone for all their posts and not one liners Rolling Eyes ). With that in mind I'll just copy my post on over and if you still wanna know more about me after that, I'm available tomorrow night. Wink

Quote:
Alrighty....since being one of the first posters for this new welcome thread people have expanded the categories. So, instead of simply adding bits and pieces in random order I'll just repost my info as it's updated. I guess this means since the welcome thread is gone and replaced with this my official greeter duties will now commence here. To those who posted here but never did in the other welcome thread welcome to ANN (I'm sure that's very belated but better late then never). To all the new people sure to come, I've got mystery grab bags just waiting to be given a home. Cool

Name: Sean Patrick Michael Francis Tugwell (long huh)
Sex: Male
Marital Status: Not married but in a relationship with an awesome chick
Ethnicity: About 60% Irish and 40% Scottish. There is some English in there but we don't acknowledge it because it wasn't voluntary. Do some research of Irish history to figure that one out. Someone also got into the Navajo it seems.
Blood Type: I am O+ and I donate at least once a year, usually twice.
Appearance: I'm 6'1 with dark reddish blond hair and bright blue eyes that turn an ice blue in winter. I'm built like an oaf/viking...that would be the Celtic heritage. I also wear contacts as I'm blind as a bat.
Pets: 1 dog and 2 cats. I have a black lab/chesepeake retriever mix, a grey and white domestic short hair, and a solid black long hair domestic/persian mix. I want to get a ball python.
Religion: Roman Catholic... I don't go to church that much anymore as I really think organized religion as an institution is just crap. Too much "you have to do this" instead of "you should do this" speeches anymore. Simply put, I believe there is a higher power but our actions, not who we love or how often we go to church, determine are final reward/punishment.
Drink/Smoke: I drink all the time, I'm Irish and Scottish what do you expect? Not an alcoholic though, just like to drink my liquor. Lots of people love soda, I love liquor. Don't smoke cigs but sometimes an occasional cigar.
Likes: Anime duh lol. I also like drinking, bowling, shooting pool, watching movies, sweeping a woman off her feet, collecting all sorts of junk (I'm a packrat), going to concerts, hanging with friends, making money, and my number one thing to do is cook. I also like people to be open and honest with me as I'm dense and don't get hints well.
Dislikes: Arrogant people, back stabbing cheating women, alcoholics (the kind that drink and treat others like crap), watered down liquor, the fixation we have on celebrities, any sort of bigot or racist, animal abusers, bugs (god I can't stand bugs), and people who needlessly waste food
Favorite anime: Oh My Goddess, "X", Haibane Renmei, Vampire Hunter D:Bloodlust, Fatal Fury,12 Kingdoms, BoogiePop Phantom, You're Under Arrest, Samurai X, Ninja Scroll, Ai Yori Aoshi, Getbackers, Elfen Lied, and Street Fighter II V
Favorite Manga: Oh My Goddess, Ai Yori Aoshi, Saiyuki, Getbackers, Vampire Hunter D and BooigePop novels, Bleach, Lone Wolf and Cub books, Battle Vixens, and Galaxy Angel
Favorite console games: Max Payne 2, followed by Resident Evil series, Silent Hill series, Halo (especially online), Forza Motorsport, and the old Lunar RPG games
Favorite PC games: Diablo 2, any Sid Meier's game (pirates and civilization), Rappelz online, Command and Conquer franchise, Sims 2, and the old Mechwarrior games
Favorite non-anime tv: CSI (original), Law and Order SVU, Rome, OZ, Carnival, Stargate SG-1, Futurama, Family Guy, Tripping the Rift, In Living Color, Planet Earth specials, Croc Hunter (God rest his soul), Iron Chef (original), Dresden Files, House, Simpsons, Baian the Assassin, Family Matters, Honey Monomers, Scrubs, Married with Children, and Food Network
Favorite Movies: Dragon Heart, Last Samurai, Equilibrium, Dragon Tiger Gate, SPL (I love me some Donnie Yen), Hero, Fearless, Protector, Bruce Lee movies, Fist of Legend, old Shaw Brothers kung fu movies, Princess Bride, Space Balls, Evil Dead series, Lord of the Rings, Kingdom of Heaven, Face Off, Seven, Original Star Wars movies, Fifth Element, O' Brother Where Art Thou, Gladiator, Event Horizon, Rat Race, Indiana Jones
Favorite Bands: Nightwish (damn, Tarja left which sucks), Lacuna Coil, Mindless Self Indulgence, Amaran, Gathering, Disturbed, Aerosmith, King Diamond, Iced Earth, Poets of the Fall (so awesome), KMFDM, MDFMK (fans should know this one), Kidney Thieves, Guano Apes, Jem, Linkin Park, Rob Zombie, Blind Guardian, Jorio, Live, Frank Sinatra, Collide, The Stand, Coldplay, Lost Prophets, Enya, The Corrs, Bon Jovi, Lullacry, Miles Davis
Favorite Food: Well I love to cook and eat and I'll try almost anything. If I had to pick a few foods I can't live without I'd say cheese (so many kinds so little time), crab cakes, Spanish cuisine (not Mexican but Spanish), fish, and stir fry (I can currently make 12 kinds of stir fry and yes i have an honest to God wok and I'm quite proficient with chop sticks), Thai food, Italian food, Irish food, dishes with lamb, curry dishes, Seafood, eggs, any sort of baked goods (I'm quite the baker!)
Favorite drink: A good Whiskey or Scotch, followed by Rum and Brandy. I do love my Sake' though and have 2 different sake sets.
Favorite nonalcoholic drink: Tea. I am a tea fanatic. I love all kinds of tea and have a very nice/expensive teapot for brewing my own tea. I almost never use teabags but instead loose tea and other ingredients to make my own. I make a damn good orange jasmine tea with a hint of hibiscus and honey just so you know.
Favorite Sport: I used to play Ice Hockey (goalie) and Baseball (outfield/pitcher) but now a days I'm not much into sports. I do love bowling and Shooting pool which are sports. While not an official sport I kick ass at mini golf Very Happy
Favorite Authors/Books: Anything by Laurel K Hamilton, Jim Butcher, or Mercedes Lackey. I also like Kim Harrison, Isaac Asimov, Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Bentley Little, Richard Laymon, the Eragon novels, Brian Jacques (Redwall novels), the "In Death" novels by J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts), Arabian Nights, Sherlock Holmes novels, and any good horror/sci-fi book I can get
Favorite Comics: Witch Blade, Lady Death, The Darkness, Purgatory, Fathom, Tarot, Ghost Rider, old Batman comics, Street Fighter, old X-Men, old Gen 13, Vampi, the Gift, Hellblazer novels, Spawn, Avengelyne, and Shi
Favorite Gun(S): FN P90, FN Five-seveN, M-4 Carbine, MP7A, Glock 19C, Glock 22, M203, Beretta 90 & 96, SIG P226 & SG 550, Jackhammer Mk3A1, Mossberg 500 Tactical, Benelli M3 Super 90, and Tac Ops Tango 51
Fun facts about the Psycho: I wear pretty much nothing else but Hawaiian shirts in the summer and fall, I have a fairly good sized historical weapons collection, I love to cook and can make almost any kind of dish from any country, I love animals and worked in 2 animal hospitals in my youth, love heavy metal jazz and industrial/dance music, write poetry and have had a few poems published, sung in the school choir and performed in the drama club (even played Chief Justice Renquist once), love to read and have an extensive book and comic book collection, and I collect all sorts of statues, candles, and figurines which includes my anime models I build, and anime art prints from cons and online. I'm also a Star Wars junkie and would love to one day learn Gaelic. I also plan to travel to a new spot around the world every 3 years once I turn 27. I wanna see the world (or what's left of it at that point).

edit--- God almighty I am a sucker for punishment. Alright, people asked and they shall received. Just don't blame me when your eyes burn out of their sockets and your head explodes from the horror! Me
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:44 am Reply with quote
Since we've all updated our info a few times over yonder I figured I'd up date my info here too. So above is the new and improved Autobiography of Psycho 101. Wink
Rinoa | Kawaii Miko

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 7:15 am Reply with quote
I haven't posted up here for a while now so I should make my presence here for a change. Razz

Anyways, yoinked this from AnimeSydney's intro thread.

What's your real name? Marie-Anne
What's your nick? Rinoa, Miko, Mi-Mi, Tsu, Tsubaki
What's that about? See below
1. A Final Fantasy addict
2. Miko - from watching way too much Fushigi Yuugi
3. Two animes that spring up to mind (and I was thinking up a name for my character for Lineage II when I first started) - Yami no Matsuei & Inuyasha

Where do you live? Sydney, Australia
What uni, if any, do you attend? Don't go to uni just went to TAFE instead
What are you studying? Remedial Massage
If you're not a student, what do you do? Legal Support for the Federal Court of Australia

What's your favourite anime/manga? Nana, Hana Yori Dango, Death Note, RG Veda, Shoujo serial of Sakurazawa Erica, Paradise Kiss, Bokura ga Ita (Only discovered it recently), Saber Marionette (All the series), Inuyasha, Ranma, Fushigi Yuugi, Shoujo Kakumei Utena, Yami no Matsuei, Ouran Host Club, Yami no Matsuei, Fake, Gravitation, Full Metal Alchemist, Alice 19th, xxxHolic, Tsubasa Chronicles, Bleach, Yakitate! Nihon, Sayuki, Tenkuu no Escaflowne, Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuutsu(sp?), Card Captor Sakura, Magic Knight Rayearth, Rurouni Kenshin, Ranma 1/2, Full Metal Panic, Ah! Megami-sama, Shinseiki Evangelion, Ebichu, Azumanga Daioh, Tonari no Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, Neko no Onegeshi
What's your favourite genre(s)? Its bad to read/watch so much Y-A-O-I (Its an in-joke so yes I lurve it but not in a fangirl sort of thing). Honestly, anything goes really.
What was the last dub you watched of your own volition? ...Pokemon (That was years ago)

Do you like...
DDR? Can't do it when I just injured my knee
Yaoi? BOOYAH!
Drawing? Haven't drawn anything in ages
Jumping around like some kid with ADHD? If you treat me with booze, I'm sure it'll lead from one thing to another. O.O
Girls in maid outfits?

How many roads must a man walk down, before you can call him a man? Uh...far too many. NEXT!
Anything else you'd like to say? I have a dagger up my thigh... Rolling Eyes
hypoperoxicacidman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:20 am Reply with quote
Well, It seems this thread is well dead. If you dont mind, I suppose I will necropost......
Ethnicity: Chinese American
Anime Favorites- Considering my lack of anime experience (mabee 12-13 anime series, 3-5 movies), I did like "Five centimeters per second", "DN"
Other things:
- I am really bored, really often (almost always)
- I consider myself a relativly neutral person (that dosent help I guess...)
- I enjoy philosophy, anime, sciences, and gaming
-Probably as a result of boredom, I spend a good part of my schoolday speculating on life, and the "what if's", as well as other philosophical topics. This makes me tend to ramble.........
*Yawns* 1:24 AM. See you,

Acidman
hypoperoxicacidman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:21 am Reply with quote
Well, It seems this thread is well dead. If you dont mind, I suppose I will necropost......
Anime Favorites- Considering my lack of anime experience (mabee 12-13 anime series, 3-5 movies), I did like "Five centimeters per second", "DN"
Other things:
-Probably as a result of boredom, I spend a good part of my schoolday speculating on life, and the "what if's", as well as other philosophical topics. This makes me tend to ramble.........

Acidman
hypoperoxicacidman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:21 am Reply with quote
Other things:

Acidman
legendfunk

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:13 am Reply with quote
How long has this Aussie branch of ANN been around? I've been on this site for two months and only discovered this fancy little corner of the world three days ago. Anyways, I guess it's never too late. (Most of this is copied/pasted from my entry inthis thread so if you've seen it not many surprises. That's the thread the previous guy mentioned. He should have said "ANN International"...oh well.)

Name: Let's just keep that an enigma.
Sex: Male
Ethnicity: Filipino. At least 90%. You know, there's the Spanish, Chinese etc. etc. 3 or 4 generations back.
Religion: Roman Catholic, i.e. excited about WYD finally on its way. Don't worry, I keep an open mind about other people's opinions on this subject.
Likes: music (i play sax & guitar), baseball, gaming, geography, political and social issues, literature, Japanese and (am I supposed to say anime here?)
Favourite music: Funky rock and the 70's, Zeppelin-style combo of psychedelic/blues/power ballads.
Favourite film: Pulp Fiction.
Favourite anime: Elfen Lied. I could mention the rest but just look for me in the MyAnime section, really.
Favourite band: Led Zeppelin.
Favourite game: Final Fantasy XII.
Favourite sport (to play): Baseball. Pitching.
Favourite sport (to watch): AFL. (Swans fan. Especially Goodesy.)
Favourite food: Mexican and Japanese.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
Unmei No Deai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:40 pm Reply with quote
I did post in the General Introductions thread, but it's always exciting to annoy other Australian anime fans. So here goes~

Name: Lauren
Sex: Female
Religion: Agnostic.
Likes: Anime (Oh my, no kidding), manga, stalking, music, being random, staring blankly into space, watching paint dry, weapons of mass destruction, cloning - all the usuals really.
Favourite music: JRock, I guess.
Favourite film: Not really a movie person..
Favourite anime: I don't think I could pick a favourite
Favourite band: Malice Mizer
Favourite game: Solitaire.
Favourite sport (to play): Kekekekeke.
Favourite food: Fried leg of child.
Lovely_Day

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 6:45 am Reply with quote
Hi I'm new but can't be bother saying all that info

My name is Ann live in Australia of course!! in W.A age 14 pretty
young I know xD, and watching One Piece which I love Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6