• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: GCI Gatchaman Set for 2008

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mykelti

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:07 am Reply with quote
Just hope ol' 7-Zark-7 doesn't pop up and shag "Susan". Confused --That'll get 'em their "R" (Robot Copulation)!
belligerent

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:12 pm Reply with quote
That's a good point. I always thought that it was really weird that they cut out all the violence only to add sexual innuendo in the Zark scenes. That's kind of backwards when you think about how it is now; we can have violence on a kids' show, but anything sexy is a no-no.
Neoguest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:53 pm Reply with quote
When I first read about I decided to search the White Shadow and Wikipedia.

Here a little that I know. It wil take place in the Gatchaman universe. Will show how the team was form.

Kevin Munroe is a Gatchaman Fan.
belligerent

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:25 pm Reply with quote
Munier Sharrief is supposedly a Gatchafan, too. Just because somebody's a fan doesn't necessarily mean they will do something justice. Most fanfiction is written by fans.

It also doesn't mean that they will not do something justice, since Alex Ross is also a fan and the artwork he's produced based on the series has been very classy and reminscent of the original artwork. Edwin David also wrote a faithful and fun story for the "manga" version Top Cow published right after the Sharrief/Tortosa color run. My concern is the

Quote:
They have said point blank that Gatchaman will be lucky to get a PG-13 and they have no problem accepting an R if thats what it comes to but he wants to be true to "the source"

An R rating isn't actually true to the spirit of the series. There's a difference between "making a Gatchaman CGI movie" and taking the concept of a series and making it over in the image you would like to see.

I am personally worried that this is going to be the latter. I will, of course, reserve judgment on whether it's actually good or not until after I see it (if it's ever finished), but if they think they have to go up to an R to do the series justice, I think they've missed the mark.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2