• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice For All

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eos

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:40 am Reply with quote
I thought the sequel wasn't as good as the original too, but then again Ace Attorney was different, creating a game with that same fresh experience is tough. The introduction of Pearl was great, she's so cute!
Yelling "objection!" into the DS has yet to get old Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
FeralKat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:46 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[Not all the clients Phoenix defends are innocent! ] Wink Anyway, I loved PW2, though I look at it as a continuance, not a sequel. The fourth case, is by far, my favorite!
MorwenLaicoriel

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:14 pm Reply with quote
THANK YOU. I keep forgetting to pick up this game, even though I'm a HUUUUGE fan of the first. I need to go track this down....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:19 am Reply with quote
Quote:
The recycling of many assets from the first game also becomes somewhat alarming. The returning cast (which makes up most of the characters in the game), are animated with the same sprites. Many of the backgrounds are the same: unimproved from the original.

Waddya expect? This is from Capcom, after all. Rolling Eyes

Quote:
The final case was an incredibly absorbing one which upped the ante considerably: pages of evidence to sort through, a large cast of characters, and a moving storyline that drastically changes one character permanently.

I disagree about the latter. The storyline for the fifth case just seemed to be needlessly complicated.

Anyway, I just hope the next two games get here soon.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Where are the touch screen elements? Where are the 3D elements?

Those are in Gyakuten Saiban 4. Both the DS port of the GS2 and the all new DS original GS4 were in development at the same time. Obviously, the development team wanted to focus all their creative powers on the new game than on the port. It doesn't bother me, though, because the fourth case in GS2/Justice for All was absolutely spectacular.

About the music, I think the original soundtrack was better, but I wouldn't call this one "lackluster".

Still, the game is unbelievably excellent, and I can't wait for the third and fourth games to come out over here. I hear GS3 is far and away the best of the original trilogy...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1