• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
News: First screenings of 5 Centimeters per Second Announced

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 4:43 pm Reply with quote
I'd figured I start a discussion since the link for the discussion takes you to source.

Anyways I must say that I am excited to see how this turns out. I loved Voices, but thought that Place Promised was just okay, although it did have some great music. So for me this is really the deciding film to see if Shinkai Makoto has that it factor.

Last edited by Deltakiral on Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
HellKorn

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:26 pm Reply with quote
Regardless of whether the plot is good or not, the movie is sure to be some of the best eye candy in recent anime, judging from the trailers.

Personally I hope that Shinkai Makoto goes for the approach that he took in Voices of a Distant Star rather than what he did in The Place Promised in Our Early Days. I enjoyed the latter a lot, but the former had more of an impact on.

... Finally, when is ADV gonna get the license? Very Happy
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quote
HellKorn wrote:
Regardless of whether the plot is good or not, the movie is sure to be some of the best eye candy in recent anime, judging from the trailers.

Yeah that one thing that about Shinkai is that your definitely going to get some beautiful animation, and from what I've seen thus far I doubt that I will be disappointed in that department.

HellKorn wrote:

You think that it's going to be ADV again? I could see that happening, but I don't have any problems with any companies....other then bandai......
GoodLuckSaturday

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:43 pm Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:
HellKorn wrote:

You think that it's going to be ADV again? I could see that happening, but I don't have any problems with any companies....other then bandai......

Anyone who can get it out on R1 DVD within the year like Place Promised in Our Early Days was is good with me. I just want to see it and as soon as possible.
coldfusion5050

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:00 am Reply with quote
GoodLuckSaturday wrote:

Anyone who can get it out on R1 DVD within the year like Place Promised in Our Early Days was is good with me. I just want to see it and as soon as possible.

Very true. I was actually kind of shocked when The Promised Place came out so fast and very pleased.

And yes, the eye candy is present (I like the starry sky most myself) as well as Tenmon, which I think is more important than the visuals, IMHO.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1