• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Daily Video: Vocaloid Musical - 'Alice in Musicland'

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:52 am Reply with quote
That was pretty interesting.

What with all the 8888888888888888 in the comments? Is that the new vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv? Is it supposed to represent applause, and should be pronounced "pachi" (clap)?
DJcream

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:35 am Reply with quote
Apparently, there's a re-shared version of the video on NicoNico.com that has subtitles.

LINK NOW:
http://video.niconico.com/watch/sm15108950
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:33 am Reply with quote
Very impressive, but I'm a bit dismayed at the lack of gratuitous head-chopping.

Asrialys wrote:
That was pretty interesting.

What with all the 8888888888888888 in the comments? Is that the new vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv? Is it supposed to represent applause, and should be pronounced "pachi" (clap)?

What were those V's and W's originally supposed to represent? Those commenters put so many of them in, you'd think their keyboards were jammed.

Last edited by leafy sea dragon on Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:54 am; edited 1 time in total
DJcream

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:46 am Reply with quote
From what I understand about Japanese Internet slang...

wwwwww: Each W is short for "warau," which means laughing. You can equivocate it to LOLOLOLOLOL in English.

8888 or パチパチ: An onomatopoeia for clapping; used to express applause or praise when someone does something well.
Racheldoublemm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:52 am Reply with quote
That was positively adorable.....like, above and beyond the regular cuteness associated with Miku... I kind of want this to be a real production. In terms of a musical, it's really enjoyable.

The link to the subtitled video is much appreciated.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:56 am Reply with quote
Yeah. I particularly liked the remix of the Disney intro theme song. Interesting that they approximated English for that part.

This Oster group...It's not related to the blenders in any way, is it?
DJcream

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:00 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
This Oster group...It's not related to the blenders in any way, is it?
LOL, not to my knowledge. I did some checking and Oster Project is actually a solo female music artist who has done a number of Vocaloid singles that has gotten popular in the past. The only one that comes to mind right away would be "Trick or Treat" featuring the Kagamine twins.
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:12 am Reply with quote
Got frustrated with Nico's crap player and went to Youtube for this one. Full screen and better quality subtitles to boot.

Cute video, very creative, and the creator was smart in using the different versions of Miku as the songs called for to get the most out of her range. Not something I would listen to regularly like other Vocaloid songs, but a nice treat.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gurgeh

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:48 am Reply with quote
Nitpicking for the editor:
Although Ren is the correct romaji for "レン", Crypton and all the Vocaloid Producers/Users transcribe the name of this voicebank Len, not Ren.
This is a play on Left and Right; the gender-bent voice bank of Len being named Rin. Len & Rin - Left & Right

And yes Kudos to OSTER again for this impressive good Work (BTW you can purchase her album on Play-Asia since Amazon.jp is not really gaijin-friendly.
Granamonkey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:00 pm Reply with quote
Great video, really awesome! I'm pretty sure Kaito is suppose to be Absolem though (the blue caterpillar) hahaha.
soullessflower

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm not necessarily an Oster Project fan, but I really love this one! She sure does great when it comes to cute songs.
Though her Meiko tuning could do better, but its pretty good.
Also nice idea of using Miku's appends for different songs.
Kimiko_0

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:20 pm Reply with quote
ANN, can you please use YouTube (or other public video sites) links instead of NicoNico links?
NicoNico doesn't show anything but a black background with the comments unless you have an account there and are logged in. Since I don't have such an account, I always have to look up the videos you post on YouTube by hand. (link to 'Alice In Musicland' on YouTube)
TIA
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:53 pm Reply with quote
The link on this topic with the English subtitles works fine for me, and I don't have a Nico account.
ichiost

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Agh...

I don't have an Nico-nico account Crying or Very sad
Emerje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:52 pm Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
The link on this topic with the English subtitles works fine for me, and I don't have a Nico account.

It worked for me, too (I was logged out when I followed the link), but was loading extremely slowly. Waited about 3 minutes and it had only loaded about 1 minute, plus the subs didn't stay on the screen as long as the Japanese subs did on the side and the whole "no full screen unless you pay" thing made going to Nico for this a waste of time.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2