• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Shippuuden (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jabjal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 1:36 pm Reply with quote
you a lot of these points are valid but are any of you guys even still watching the series. The series pacing and evrything has been incredible since sasuke vs orochimaru.

I mean damn, norio jus did another fight scene for this weeks eps, jiraiya vs pain and sasuke vs itachi is coming up very shortly
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quote
jabjal said:
Quote:
I mean damn, norio jus did another fight scene for this weeks eps, jiraiya vs pain and sasuke vs itachi is coming up very shortly
Did you mean "Nagato" or "Naruto" when you said "Norio"?
braves

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 5:30 pm Reply with quote
^He was referring to Norio Matsumoto, the greatest animator ever Razz , who's done work on Naruto and Naruto Shippuden.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:51 pm Reply with quote
jabjal wrote:
you a lot of these points are valid but are any of you guys even still watching the series. The series pacing and evrything has been incredible since sasuke vs orochimaru.

I have to agree with you. Since Sasuke's fight against Orochimaru this anime's kinda resurrected. It's been quite fun so far, mainly this "Jiraiya arc" which features his past and how it's affected the present, including Akatsuki.
I must say that I'm a really patient person for watching all of the Naruto episodes up to now. Wink
Stellarleen

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:50 am Reply with quote
Agreed, I am really getting into it again! I am loving this Jiraya arc and Jiraya vs. Pain is turning into quite the battle. I'm a bit concerned that Jiraya might kick the bucket soon (have not read the manga or been spoiled on this point yet...), and if that happens I might even shed a tear because I adore his character so.

Sometimes I reflect on how much time I have invested in this anime over the years. It's going to be strange when it ends! Even though there are times when the show suffers from crappy animation or stupid filler, I think it's been worth it to follow Naruto's story. Frankly I find his determination and unconditional love for Sasuke and his other friends, well, inspiring! Cheers, fellow Naruto fans! Anime hyper
jabjal

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:25 pm Reply with quote
glad to see some who stuck it out for shippuuden despite its faults

although im kind of hopin they skip 90% of the run the gauntlet sasuke in the recently wrapped up hokage arc
i kno they wont but a man can hope or at least pray awesome battle scenes are inserted

for those who dont understand the arc to which i referring to i wont spoil it for you but lord almighty what a waste

personal disclaimer: these views are not represented or facilitated by the ANN staff it is only on the behalf of one who hates itachi's "other" brother
braves

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:31 pm Reply with quote
Well, this show (only gotten as far as ep. 138) has finally gotten around to being pretty darned good, if I say so myself. Seriously, 3 of the 4 episodes of the spoiler[Itachi and Sasuke] fight had a bigger budget than usual. They've never done that for any other fight. Now, it wasn't exactly on the same level of ep. 133 of the first series- which, to be fair, is pretty hard to match unless you give Matsumoto the bulk of the work again and give him some extra room to work with- but it's still one heck of fight.

I'll be putting this series on hold now that I'm almost completely caught with the broadcast. There's spoiler[some training] coming up, so I'm sure they're going to add some padding there and Naruto's much better when you watch it in chunks anyways.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Poojipoo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:21 pm Reply with quote
The show's still a guilty pleasure of mine, especially during important arcs like these with Jiraiya and Sasuke, but I can sense another filler arc coming up that'll have me off the show for a bit once again. I'm curious if Naruto will get the "DB Kai" treatment 20 years from now, too. Razz
egoist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Poojipoo wrote:
The show's still a guilty pleasure of mine, especially during important arcs like these with Jiraiya and Sasuke, but I can sense another filler arc coming up that'll have me off the show for a bit once again. I'm curious if Naruto will get the "DB Kai" treatment 20 years from now, too. Razz

Oh, dear. I hope I'm dead by then, in case that happens.
braves

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Poojipoo wrote:
I'm curious if Naruto will get the "DB Kai" treatment 20 years from now, too. Razz

I've constantly seen this comment and all I have to say is "why?" The reason that DBZ got its treatment, aside from being insanely popular, was because it constantly added anime-only material into the canon material- something that Naruto didn't do consistently until the 2nd series and even so, the parts that they've added in the recent 2 canon arcs have mostly been for its benefit. DBZ was also recorded in mono, so they had to do everything back from scratch when it came to the audio.

They might do it for One Piece, but not for Naruto. It's not popular enough and it's not even worth it because the overwhelming majority of the "bad" filler can be skipped, unlike the filler in Z when it's interwoven with the canon material.
Poojipoo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Haha, I can't say it's something I would WANT them to do; 'because if I want some un-fillered Naruto, I've always got the manga. Smile But watching DBkai is actually very enjoyable. They actually improve the overall pacing IMMENSELY, not just by removing filler, but also by improving the overall timing of cuts to match more of what you'd expect from a film. The experience has really been much more enjoyable (I was never really much of a DBZ fan before!), and I'd be curious what those artists would do with Naruto if given the opportunity to go back and re-edit the episodes without the restrictions of timing arcs with seasons, and buying time for the manga.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I'm behind on finding out about this (because even the Encyclopedia points it out), but episode 144 starts another filler arc. Rolling Eyes Hopefully this will be a short one, but to their credit they did plow right through the last several chapters by skipping over Naruto's training which I guess they're saving for later episodes so as to not drag them out so much, but it does mess up the time line a bit. Just hope the filler isn't another 20+ episode run like the last filler arc, but at least this one uses a canon character, though I'm not too thrilled with him being shoehorned into the story.

At least 143 was really nicely animated.

Emerje
braves

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the pacing of recent episodes left me thinking that they'd do another filler arc pretty soon. I'm okay with it as long as they don't come up with another phrase that they repeat over and over and over like they did in the last one.
TehEviltaxi

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:13 am Reply with quote
So basically I'm all up to date on Naruot and went back to watching bleach from 221 and found out that basically no cannon content in the months I haven't watched it and the show is becoming like half filler. I got bored like at episode 6 of Shippuden and never got back into in. Can anyone tell me if I should or not? Or when it gets good?
braves

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:47 am Reply with quote
One of the guys who was in charge of the series composition for Shippuden (and wrote all of the scripts for eps. 1-53) hasn't been back and the series has been much better off since then. I think it's worth it, though there are definitely more frustrating times than in the first series since Pierrot hasn't gotten as many good animation directors like they did before. There are more "special" episodes than in the first one, however.

(thread could be moved to the Shippuden discussion thread)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 59 of 62