• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yen Press Adds Durarara, Kore wa Zombie desu ka, Olimpos

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaymie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:54 pm Reply with quote
No Umineko yet ( Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad ), but Durarara!! is definitely a start in the right direction.
FH14

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm confused. Did they only liscence the manga versions of Durarara!! and Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? or have they licensed the light novel versions as well.

If they had announced any form of licensing for Baccano! I think I may have fainted dead away. I want that title licensed so badly. Hopefully if DRRR!! does well they may consider it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
braves

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:01 pm Reply with quote
FH14 wrote:
I'm confused. Did they only liscence the manga versions of Durarara!! and Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? or have they licensed the light novel versions as well.
Looks like it's the manga only according to ANN's Twitter feed.

EDIT: Okay, it's been clarified in the article now.

Last edited by braves on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Pure sweet epicness for Durarara!! So can't wait to buy! Shocked
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:09 pm Reply with quote
FH14 wrote:
If they had announced any form of licensing for Baccano! I think I may have fainted dead away. I want that title licensed so badly. Hopefully if DRRR!! does well they may consider it.

If Yen Press isn't going to bite, do you suppose there's any chance Vertical would be interested in Baccano!? I don't know if they do light novels, and it's hard to tell if there's a small but vocal fanbase, or a large but largely quiet contingent of people who loved the anime.
biolizard_alpha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Durarara

Surprised

Quote:
manga

Sad
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:14 pm Reply with quote
Dangit, it was leaked early that YP had licensed one of the DRRR properties and I was really hoping it was the light novels (even though the source had the price for it and it was the same as their manga prices, not the LN ones). Honestly, since I already have the anime I don't want to buy the manga, I want to buy the LN to read the bits that got cut out in one or both adaptations, having two adaptations but not the original source seems a bit redundant. The art for Olimpos looks interesting though.

invalidname wrote:
FH14 wrote:

If Yen Press isn't going to bite, do you suppose there's any chance Vertical would be interested in Baccano!? I don't know if they do light novels, and it's hard to tell if there's a small but vocal fanbase, or a large but largely quiet contingent of people who loved the anime.

Vertical said, on their twitter, once that they don't like doing long running series so if they licensed Baccano! they would only do the first few volumes, aka the ones the anime already covered.

Last edited by wandering-dreamer on Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
puppy1843e

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:15 pm Reply with quote
YESSS! Durarara and Kore wa Zombie Desu ka are definitely on my buy list considering I loved both animes. Tho I do hope they pick up the DRRR light novels.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:19 pm Reply with quote
So let me get this straight: the order of production in Japan of Durarara!! was:

Light Novels -> Anime -> Manga

Did I get that right?
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:28 pm Reply with quote
The manga, I believe it's only two volumes, was being produced at the same time as the anime but yeah, basically that's the order.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:29 pm Reply with quote
wandering-dreamer wrote:
They said, on their twitter, once that they don't like doing long running series so if they licensed Baccano! they would only do the first few volumes, aka the ones the anime already covered.

It's not like they never license long series. Higurashi has 32 volumes. I believe that's their longest series at the moment though.
Kohii

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:30 pm Reply with quote
LagannImpact wrote:
So let me get this straight: the order of production in Japan of Durarara!! was:

Light Novels -> Anime -> Manga

Did I get that right?

Wrong. It's LN -> M -> A

That being said, I could never get into Durarara. I don't know, it's just not for me. I guess I'll pick up the first volume for Kore Zombie to see if it's any good.
biolizard_alpha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:33 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
wandering-dreamer wrote:
They said, on their twitter, once that they don't like doing long running series so if they licensed Baccano! they would only do the first few volumes, aka the ones the anime already covered.

It's not like they never license long series. Higurashi has 32 volumes. I believe that's their longest series at the moment though.

I believe he was talking about Vertical
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:36 pm Reply with quote
biolizard_alpha wrote:
Jaymie wrote:
wandering-dreamer wrote:

I believe she was talking about Vertical

Yep, I'll go edit my post to make that a little more clear (and you're right, YP does have some longer running manga series and some of the light novel series, like Spice and Wolf, are on the long side as well).
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Kore wa Zombie Desu ka manga is good but they should of get the light novels as well
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4