• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim Launches Interactive Video Plyer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brakus

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:14 am Reply with quote
As long as they do additional commentaries for other FUNimation shows onAdult Swim Fix, I'll be happy. I want my missing FMA Episode 34 commentary already! Smile
RezSav

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:38 am Reply with quote
They could have Trinity Blood with only Cast and Crew commentary and I'd be happy. Audio Commentaries, people, that's where the money is!

Last edited by RezSav on Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:58 am Reply with quote
I wonder if this is any of the stuff they will put on DVD. I just checked it out and there is actually quite a lot of stuff per episode. Seems to me even more than what would be on a DVD. I don't know though because I haven't bought any of this series, for various reasons.

Anyway, it pretty cool none the less.

In fact [as] fix has always really been ahead of the curve, as far as online full episodes Least the ones I keep up with. And they always seem to improve. Got to give them a lot of credit there.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Josh7289

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Good, but it's still Trinity Blood. Razz
camilla17

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:36 pm Reply with quote
I check out Adult Swim almost every day to see what is new on there and when I saw the interactive video player for Trinity Blood I had to try it out. I thought it was pretty awesome overall. To be able to read information about a series as you watch it makes the series come alive and allows you to learn information that you might otherwise ignore. I can't wait to see what comes next.
inthebiz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Very cool development.
Although I don't watch Trinity Blood, it's still a very fan-friendly idea. This is the kind of thing that we'll see more of in the coming years.
Interaction is great for all parties involved.
Kaneda979

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:13 am Reply with quote
Adult Swim have had interactive online playing of they're shows for a while now. Which they call the Friday Night Fix or just the Fix. But I guess they mean this is the first time they're doing an all action/anime Interactive Video Player. because the original is more aimed at it's comedy stuff with anime on it just now and then.

But anyway. Glad they're finaly doing this. Seems only right that they have a separate action Interactive Video Player and comedy one. Just like how they split they're action and comedy blocks up for diffrent days. I just hope they do some cool stuff with it and put it to good use...
Seif

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:45 am Reply with quote
Brakus wrote:
As long as they do additional commentaries for other FUNimation shows onAdult Swim Fix, I'll be happy. I want my missing FMA Episode 34 commentary already! Smile

Wait, what?

Is that just wishful thinking, or was there a commentary recored that I don't know about.
Milarkie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:31 am Reply with quote
Actually, this is the first time they've done the interactive video player. The only thing they had before was Friday Night Fix, which is now just Adult Swim Fix. They have never had mid-episode info or commentaries like this before. They only had the episodes online.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1