• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Super Plastic - Revoltech EVA-01 Test Type

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tekwych

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 11:40 pm Reply with quote
For those interested here are pics of the products Organic showed off at US ToyFair including their Revoltech line and the New Witchblade Anime figure.

Another interesting point is that DC Direct, a US company, will be offering an Anime styled line called Ame-Comi Several people are already asking how far a US company will go down the Fan Service road.
GuyverC

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:53 am Reply with quote
I think the sugestions that Antimonitor stated are pretty much on the spot, and I would second them.

Additionally, I was kind of dissapointed that there wasn't any mention of the actual Revoltech joints and the ratchet joint system, and then calling it a "ball joint" ( which is essentially wrong). When buying a figure I like to know what it's gimmicks are, and the "Revoltech" gimmick is right there in it's name, and details about it printed on the side of the box just incase you missed it.

And a gimmick like this makes it different than the other Evangelion Unit 01 releases out there. And some people prefer a certain figure over another because of something as simple or complex as a gimmick.

But it is nice to see ANN starting up an import toy review now as well. Not a bad first outing.

On a more personal note, I liked the coloring of the figure ( including the rest in the Revoltech Eva series). But then, I like things looking like they just jumped out of a scene.
Emerje

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:54 am Reply with quote
astroasis wrote:
I really like this column. In fact, I'm only disappointed that there isn't more of it! I'd rather see smaller reviews of a few toys than one giant review of one toy. Also... only bi-weekly?! Well, hopefully this column will be a success so there can be more of it!

Right, that pretty much echos my thoughts. Reviewing one figure (from an entire line) every other week isn't enough to keep people interested. If I was to do this column I would just scrap the whole 5 minute review concept and write it in a similar fashion to Shelf Life or Right Turn Only!! as a series of mini reviews that would get as much information out as possible. Also where ANN doesn't report a whole lot of toy news it would be nice to squeeze some of that in there too.

One thing about the pros and cons in this article, as a pro it says "somewhat cheap" but as a con it says "also, it's $25." That seems to contradict itself, especially where the rest of the review goes on about how expensive these are for their size.

And as others have said, HLJ is one of the big places to go for these. You can get them for $20 shipped direct from Japan. The more you buy the more the shipping price comes down and the lower the price per figure.

Oh, and almost forgot, welcome to ANN Adam. I'm pretty sure I read some of your writings back when I used to collect Star Wars figures. Looking forward to seeing what you have to say about the world Japanese toys.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EVA fiend

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 4:41 pm Reply with quote
I didn't bother with Kaiyodo's Revoltech of the Evangelions as I have WAAAAY too many Evangelions dotted around the house already. *twitches* But I did get the Revoltech of Revy from Black Lagoon; haven't played with it yet, as she still in her box, but I am contemplating getting the AV-98 Ingram from Patlabor, as the Bandai 1/35 scale MG model of the same Labor that I have is rather delicate & doesn't like being re-posed all that often. Anime catgrin + sweatdrop

I'm definately gong to keep an eye on this column, as model collecting is a hobby of mine, but I do hope that it's not just robots that are going to be reviewed, as I'd like opinions on chara resin/garage kits too. Anime smile

Now, if someone will review anime art books I'll be in heaven. Anime catgrin
JELEINEN

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:33 pm Reply with quote
EVA fiend wrote:
I didn't bother with Kaiyodo's Revoltech of the Evangelions as I have WAAAAY too many Evangelions dotted around the house already. *twitches* But I did get the Revoltech of Revy from Black Lagoon; haven't played with it yet, as she still in her box, but I am contemplating getting the AV-98 Ingram from Patlabor, as the Bandai 1/35 scale MG model of the same Labor that I have is rather delicate & doesn't like being re-posed all that often. ^w^'

For Patlabor there are these coming out: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/Goldgaigar/Ingram1and3.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v463/Goldgaigar/Ingram1and2.jpg

They're diecast, and definitely not cheap.
EVA fiend

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:52 pm Reply with quote
JELEINEN wrote:

I've seen piccies of those already. As much as I would love to have them, at over US$100 each, they are far too expensive for my pocket. Crying or Very sad
Ralboon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:48 am Reply with quote
Jadress wrote:
Oh crap... I love plastic toys. This column will be the death of me. Welcome aboard!

Luckily for my wallet, yet another Eva toy doesn't do much for me unless it's really unique. Or unless they ever decide to make more stuff with PenPen or Kaworu on it. *sigh* I'm dumb.

No you're not. I want a PenPen plush damnit. (Yes I realize I could just go into any Discovery store and buy a penguin doll and it would fundamentally be the same thing. I don't care.)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2