• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Geneon Licenses Karin

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NinjaUmbreon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:47 pm Reply with quote
Sweet, another great anime gets licensed. I was hoping that it would have been picked up sooner, but what can you do?
stormcrow22

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:43 am Reply with quote
That's awesome news! Too bad we gotta wait till May, but oh well. Still looking forward to it.

The only 'bad' thing is I just spent $1100.00 importing the series from Japan...
DuelLadyS

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:59 am Reply with quote
Man, but some good anime is coming stateside these days! Razz

My poor wallet, she suffers, but my heart, she sings... in Japanese... Laughing
Pinkwings

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:18 am Reply with quote
I already saw it all online. Wink But since I like Karin alot, I may still buy it. Anime smile
Inuyasha the 3rd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:25 pm Reply with quote
This is great news! I've seen some of the anime, but now I'll be able to see this in hq along with a clean opening! Now if they would license Kanon and AIR, that would REALLY make my day!

Very Happy Also, my friends are big fans of this series, so they will be happy to hear this. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Saw the series fansubbed last year. Enjoyed it, and I recently started reading the manga. I'm looking forward to adding this to my collection. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:00 pm Reply with quote
It's called "Chibi Vampire" since TokyoPop already had a series named Karin. I think anime fans way too critical of certain things way too often.
bci110

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:25 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
It's called "Chibi Vampire" since TokyoPop already had a series named Karin.

Kamichama Karin to be more precise. Wink

Anyway, I'm glad that Geneon decided to keep the title of the anime as it is and not change it to "Chibi Vampire" or something really stupid like "Karin the Bizarro Vampire" or something like that. Already May is shaping up to be a very loaded month as the four major R1 licensors each have a major debut volume coming out: The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (Bandai/Kadokawa USA - 5/29), Ah! My Goddess S2 (ADV - 5/8), Tsubasa Chronicle (FUNimation - 5/22), Afro Samurai (FUNimation - 5/22), and now Karin (Geneon - 5/15).
msgundam2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:51 pm Reply with quote
I love this anime. i watch the sub version I can't wait to see the dub version as long as it a good dub of course
Buuhan1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:03 pm Reply with quote
NOOOOOOO! No no no no! I didn't want Karin to be licensed! I don't know why, I just didn't, it was a series I really enjoyed and wished just stayed japanese.

I knew this was happening when all the episodes vanished off YouTube...god dammit...I did not want this.

Oh well.....can't be helped I suppose, I'll buy the DVDs but I'm keeping it on japanese with subtitles.
Second_Ignition_Yui

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:43 pm Reply with quote
The japanese version will still be there, you silly person
coolGAL

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:19 am Reply with quote
Nagisa wrote:
So, are they actually going to keep the title as Karin, or are they going to follow suit with the manga publisher and name it something ridiculous like "Chibi Vampire?"
Oh come on sure Tokyopop's title of the manga was silly but it was cute Chibi's don't you just love them and this is good news my friend is a huge fan of this show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Jedi General

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:31 pm Reply with quote
DekarMaximGuy wrote:
Please Geneon, let Ren be voiced by Liam O'Brien. Please.

Heh, I had pictured Liam as Ren too while watching the fansubs. I think he'd be a great fit for the part.

RDespair wrote:
EDIT: And the getting licensed is embarrasing line made me laugh.

Thank you, I just couldn't resist. Anime smile

Buuhan1 wrote:
NOOOOOOO! No no no no! I didn't want Karin to be licensed! I don't know why, I just didn't, it was a series I really enjoyed and wished just stayed japanese.

I knew this was happening when all the episodes vanished off YouTube...god dammit...I did not want this.

Oh well.....can't be helped I suppose, I'll buy the DVDs but I'm keeping it on japanese with subtitles.

If you're still going to watch the DVDs in Japanese, then why are you complaining? Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bci110

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:
DekarMaximGuy wrote:
Please Geneon, let Ren be voiced by Liam O'Brien. Please.

Heh, I had pictured Liam as Ren too while watching the fansubs. I think he'd be a great fit for the part.

Liam can pull double-duty on Karin if he wants - direct the English dub and play Ren. That'll definitely work. (This is assuming of course that New Gen will handle the dubbing of the series, which at this point is not yet known.)

And I also though your "getting licensed is embarrassing" comment was very funny. Laughing Cool
Stullz

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:29 pm Reply with quote
This news has just made me the happiest person in the world.

so embarrassing... Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3