• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aniplex USA to Dub Madoka Magica Into English

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rukiia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:40 pm Reply with quote
I just discovered something on the Live Feed Browser for the panel:

Quote:
15:35:00 <bay> Q: Talk or plans to re-release garden of sinners on DVD or BD?
15:35:06 <bay> A: It is available on PSN for rent...
15:35:13 <bay> As for DVD set... it's in the works...
15:35:18 <bay> it's still in negotations

Source Here.

Shocked

So....wait.....they might actually do another release?! I don't care if its not on Blu-ray, I just want to own the movies!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
I just discovered something on the Live Feed Browser for the panel:

Quote:
15:35:00 <bay> Q: Talk or plans to re-release garden of sinners on DVD or BD?
15:35:06 <bay> A: It is available on PSN for rent...
15:35:13 <bay> As for DVD set... it's in the works...
15:35:18 <bay> it's still in negotations

Source Here.

Shocked

So....wait.....they might actually do another release?! I don't care if its not on Blu-ray, I just want to own the movies!
That definitely would be interesting. Of course, the price on a re-released set, especially if it's a DVD-only set, is what will probably get more people talking than anything else.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:17 pm Reply with quote
SMURF YAAAAAAA the news I heard all week
Razzuel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:20 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Wow, I think that this is a first for Aniplex. But they chose the right title for it, as this one has greater potential than anything else they've released so far to be a big hit.

I disagree with you as well. I think Blue Exorcist also has much more potential to be a big hit here than Madoka Magica. Not only is the manga being published here, but it's an easier sell to people. I am quite happy that Madoka Magica is getting an English dub, but it's kind of a misleading show, it's eccentric, and it's about magical girls; Blue Exorcist is more of a known quantity in terms of story and execution, albeit that isn't a slight against it, since I am loving Blue Exorcist.

Oh, and Aniplex USA needs to get on the Blu-ray bandwagon. It's a disservice to HD shows like Blue Exorcist, Madoka Magica, and Oreimo to be releasing them on DVD still.
FaytLein

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:21 pm Reply with quote
The line for the Madoka premiere is INSANE, and I really wanted to see it while I was down here.

Pretty good news about the dub though, I really hope it does real well, we need more hits these days.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
FireChick wrote:
Look at Cowboy Bebop. Everyone think it's the best English dub ever!
Eh, define everybody. Laughing Because even though I'm a dub guy, that's one of the dubs that, personally, I honestly don't think is all that great in comparison to others I've heard.

It's pretty much become the hipster answer to asking what dubs are good.

Anyways, I was wanting a dub for this. Now I can watch this comfortably in english.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kaizoku00

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Heck yes! This is great news! I was already going to buy this, but now it'll be easier to get people I know who don't like subs to watch it with me. Thanks Aniplex!
Danette-Anime-Otaku

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:59 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Saffire wrote:
I wonder if they're dubbing it so that it can air on Adult Swim like they did with Durarara. Either way, great news.

That would be a shocker considering we haven't had a magical girl series on TV for a long time.

Man, I've hated how there hasn't been magical girl series on TV for a long time. I've noticed for a long time now that most animated shows are aimed at boys and not girls so much with the exception of a few (is it WinDixie Club or something that has the fairy's?). I'm surprised that Pretty Cure didn't make it to TV in the states, though I've heard it's been aired in Canada.

What I would like to know is where is there so much aimed at boys in TV but not much for girls?
Maryohki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:02 pm Reply with quote
This is good news! I'm sure my first rewatch will be the sub, since this is one of the few times when a Japanese anime voice performance really wowed me, but here's hoping the dub will be good, too!

But what I really care about is whether or not Madoka is getting released on Blu Ray. This series really needs one.
TG72

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Here's someone else hoping this will involve Kari Wahlgren and Hynden Welch Smile
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Expected news, but great news nonetheless! The series should do sold enough to carry the cost, especially if on BD spoiler[(and especially if Aniplex USA offers the series at their (in)famous premium prices Wink )]. Moreover, I have to wonder this: would Adult Swim ever take a chance and show a magical girl show, even one with the profile and chops of Madoka Magica? It's great and is a mature title, sure, but to a casual or unfamiliar fan, a magical girl show is a magical girl show, so would they actually bite on it without automatically associating it with "little girl stuff" and ignoring it?
daichi383

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:30 pm Reply with quote
TG72 wrote:
Here's someone else hoping this will involve Kari Wahlgren and Hynden Welch Smile

I second this since they are two of the best dub actresses imho especially the former. with this announcmemt i have something to look forward to since i have yet to see this show and have been intesrested in doing so for a while but now i can just preorder it and not have to rush myself. now if only blue exorcist could get one too Rolling Eyes
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Very HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery HappyVery Happy

YAAAAAAY! Three good news (4 after what Rukiia posted)! Aniplex, you have been a roll lately.

*thumbs up*
jhuhn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:39 pm Reply with quote
I was thinking that Denise Shaw (Rosabelle on Treehouse's Treetown) should do the voice of Kyubey. That's if the dubbing is done at Optimum Productions in the Toronto area.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote
I'm actually kind of hoping they go NYAV so that they can potentially do an east coast/west coast dub team. Honestly, I just want Veronica Taylor in there somewhere because I feel like her voice fits in here (it actually fits everywhere because she's amazing), but I also want some Cali talent.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8