• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Heaven's Lost Property/SoraOto Movie

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:47 pm Reply with quote
All of Funi's recent announcements for me have been either extremely disappointing or completely unsurprising. They have the series and it's got boobs. It's not too surprising to see them license the movie, even this early after release.
JuicyB

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Redlinks wrote:
ugh more moe blobs. Wish they'd go back to licensing more shounen anime. Guess it's good that these get an official license.

Not only is it a shounen anime, it's also one of the rarest species of anime you can find nowadays: a comedy that's actually funny. In fact, it's really funny. Also, Sora no Oto is not very moe, you should probably watch or at least take a minimal effort to find out something about a show before you rip on it rather than blasting it based on a handful of screenshots.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Well that cool but they way Funi release things that it will come out the end of next year
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:18 pm Reply with quote
And here, I was hoping for the announcement of the release date for 1st and 2nd season of Heaven't Lost Property... Sad
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Murder She wrote:

Kadokawa Pictures described the film tongue-in-cheek as "this summer's #1 date movie for 'ria-jū.'" "Ria-jū" is a recent slang term for people who enjoy real life, as opposed to otaku.

So, when's it gonna be fans start calling themselves "ria-ju" instead of otaku? Laughing

Now that would be revolutionary! A show that transcends its genre! The work which will become a genre unto itself and shall be called........?
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Whenever I look into Heaven's Lost Property it seems like a good title saddled to what looks like Sexual Abuse: The Animated Series. Some of the story is slightly appealing, if familiar, but the premise just seems like another show that will leave me wanting the powerful synthetic humanoid (for some reason) female (for some reason) to just pound her worthless, in this case perhaps reprehensible, master into something resembling bad spaghetti bolognese.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redlinks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:31 am Reply with quote
JuicyB wrote:
Redlinks wrote:
ugh more moe blobs. Wish they'd go back to licensing more shounen anime. Guess it's good that these get an official license.

Not only is it a shounen anime, it's also one of the rarest species of anime you can find nowadays: a comedy that's actually funny. In fact, it's really funny. Also, Sora no Oto is not very moe, you should probably watch or at least take a minimal effort to find out something about a show before you rip on it rather than blasting it based on a handful of screenshots.

I don't exactly see how it's "rare". SoraOto is more like an ecchi-shounen (which aren't really my type) rather than just pure shounen. Maybe you should consider other people's opinions before bashing them down like they're wrong.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:35 am Reply with quote
Cloud668 wrote:
Redlinks wrote:

Sora no Otoshimono has a really excellent story once you get past that moe generalization you just gave it and the somewhat erotic content, and for that matter, it is serialized in Shounen Ace, a shounen manga magazine.

I've heard of Shounen Ace magazine. Though just looking at it, I can tell it's geared more towards men who like erotic girls with big boobs. Ecchi-shounen just really doesn't appeal to me at all. Eh, that's just my opinion though.
androvsky

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:26 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Update: More information and new title added. Funimation also confirmed that it is aiming to release a funimation.com video app by the end of this year.

That's interesting... are they talking phones, game consoles, or just the premium version of the website for PCs? Or all the above? Smile
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:10 am Reply with quote
Well this is good news, but they haven't even announced a release date for the actual series. By the looks of things, it'll be released next year when it was originally planned to be released this year.

I wonder if they're having production issues they don't want to publicly address.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Parse Error

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:53 am Reply with quote
Redlinks wrote:
I don't exactly see how it's "rare". SoraOto is more like an ecchi-shounen (which aren't really my type) rather than just pure shounen. Maybe you should consider other people's opinions before bashing them down like they're wrong.

Redlinks wrote:
I've heard of Shounen Ace magazine. Though just looking at it, I can tell it's geared more towards men who like erotic girls with big boobs. Ecchi-shounen just really doesn't appeal to me at all. Eh, that's just my opinion though.

Shounen is not "geared more towards men" of any kind, or it would be Seinen. Why come up with this "ecchi-shounen" as opposed to "pure shounen" thing instead of admitting you misspoke? Shounen is an audience, not a genre, and if you want something shounen-oriented then this is. If you don't, then don't say you do and then pull a "No true Scotsman" and act like a victim when people point out that you're wrong.
JuicyB

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:32 am Reply with quote
Redlinks wrote:

You've got a few things wrong, bro. First of all, there's no such thing as "pure shounen," shounen refers to any manga / anime marketed towards teenagers. No, it doesn't have to have ninjas in orange jumpsuits or hipster shinigami to be shounen. Second of all, Sora No Ota is rare because it's a comedy that actually has funny jokes rather than being some godawful mess of self-referential otaku crap. Third, opinion has nothing to do with it because the guy I was replying to had blatantly not seen the anime. How the hell should I respect the mistaken assumptions of some guy who is judging a franchise on the basis of a couple of screen shots? Maybe you should get the facts straight before you try to pick apart my posts, bro. Yes, the show has ecchi, but there's more to it than that. You should broaden your horizons.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:05 am Reply with quote
JuicyB wrote:
Redlinks wrote:

You've got a few things wrong, bro. First of all, there's no such thing as "pure shounen," shounen refers to any manga / anime marketed towards teenagers. No, it doesn't have to have ninjas in orange jumpsuits or hipster shinigami to be shounen. Second of all, Sora No Ota is rare because it's a comedy that actually has funny jokes rather than being some godawful mess of self-referential otaku crap. Third, opinion has nothing to do with it because the guy I was replying to had blatantly not seen the anime. How the hell should I respect the mistaken assumptions of some guy who is judging a franchise on the basis of a couple of screen shots? Maybe you should get the facts straight before you try to pick apart my posts, bro. Yes, the show has ecchi, but there's more to it than that. You should broaden your horizons.

Yeah, whatever buddy. Go jack it over on your livejournal. Besides, I've broadened my horizons well enough thank you.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:56 am Reply with quote
Parse Error wrote:
Redlinks wrote:

Redlinks wrote:

Shounen is not "geared more towards men" of any kind, or it would be Seinen. Why come up with this "ecchi-shounen" as opposed to "pure shounen" thing instead of admitting you misspoke? Shounen is an audience, not a genre, and if you want something shounen-oriented then this is. If you don't, then don't say you do and then pull a "No true Scotsman" and act like a victim when people point out that you're wrong.

Did I call it a genre? No. "Geared towards" was just my assumption on what I think the target audience is based on from the summary and trailer. Does it mean that my assumption is true? No and I'm well aware of that. Am I asking you to agree with me? No. Nor do I have to agree with what anybody else is saying here. I prefer shounen that's in JUMP, SQ, CoroCoro, or GanGan. I'm just not really a fan of ecchi or erotic characters in general. I'll pass on this.

Last edited by Redlinks on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Granamonkey

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:59 am Reply with quote
Redlinks wrote:
ugh more moe blobs.

Agreed. I don't care for your attempts at defining genres of Shonen manga, but I for one really dislike how the anime and manga markets are being flooded with ecchi work. I'm also assuming by "pure shonen" you're referring to fight-oriented series in the veins of DBZ (such as Fairy Tale, Toriko, Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, etc etc), which I don't have as big of a problem with, but still don't care for...

To others: Yes, the story may have more content than your average fan-service oriented series, but it's not that comedic. I tried to read it despite my instant dislike due to character designs and the story, but I still disliked it after reading a chunk of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3