• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hideaki Anno Releases Statement About New Evangelion Movies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fujiwara

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:08 am Reply with quote
I'm fine with the way Evangelion ended. Whilst I do want to see some new material, I wouldn't want it to compromise the series overall. It's a conundrum
PTRMAN

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I guess they finally wore themselves out and left the playground.

I'm midway through the series and so far I think it is quite good. Sorry I didn't get to it sooner but I just discovered it. I can't say I'm a real fan - I've only seen Lain and Miyazaki before this, so maybe I don't have the background on this (clearly there is a lot of background on NGe), but as a neutral fan I'm looking forward to the new movies.

Just thought I'd add my $0.02
xLysi_Wickedx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:04 pm Reply with quote
First of all, let me say, that I just made this account to post a reply on this forum.

Listen guys...I own all the movies and episodes on DVD, also the manga adaptation volumes 3-10. I am a huge fan of this series. Now, I think we where ALL vastly disappointed the way the series ended. In the episodes, and in the movies.

So if everyone hates the way the series ended, why aren't you people atleast giving Anno the benefit of the doubt until it comes out. I mean, Come on... you should take the alternate endings as a GOOD thing. Not try to make it out like he's being some sort of pretentious faggot. He probably got tired of all the hate-mail and death treats so he decided to finally come up with an ending that people can understand. Fans of the series should be EXCITED for these movies. And people who aren't fans of the series, need to just lay off. Becuase if you don't like the series, then why do you even care? No one said you HAD to watch it.

So, really people... why say such things about Anno? I mean, yes, the movies and series ending was pretty bad... but if you understand what happened then its just like another one of those "Unhappy Ending" movies. Only with a lot more Freud Speak.
HellKorn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:58 pm Reply with quote
I can only ask myself, "Why won't this topic die, dammit? Give it a rest."

xLysi_Wickedx wrote:
Now, I think we where ALL vastly disappointed the way the series ended. In the episodes, and in the movies.

And why would you make that assumption? Some people are satisfied. I am one of those. Some are voicing their opinions for different reasons, but a certain amount are dissatisfied with Anno returning to NGE because we thought "THAT WAS IT, IT'S THE END."

Quote:
He probably got tired of all the hate-mail and death treats so he decided to finally come up with an ending that people can understand.

Uh, there are plenty of folks who do understand the complimentary endings. And even though I'm looking forward to these movies, I'd suspect that a little something called "money" might have more involvement than "artistic vision" does.

Quote:
I mean, yes, the movies and series ending was pretty bad... but if you understand what happened then its just like another one of those "Unhappy Ending" movies.

Except it wasn't an unhappy ending if you understood the freakin' narrative and the resolution that was provided. It's the same freakin' message in both the finale for the television and the movie.

... And before anyone points out the irony of me complaining about people continuing to revive the topic, yet I still respond to them... Yes, I'm quite aware of it...
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Judging by the title at AnimeNation, it sounds like it's gonna be a prequel, not a reboot.
johngen

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Quite honestly I don't get why some of you guys/gals are getting worked up over a remaking of an anime. I don't care what it was or how famous it got. most of the anime being made today is based on manga, which in its own way is a retelling of a story already told with the exact plot & characters.

Anno and his team haven't done a bad job on the projects they've worked on in the past, so just sit back and relax and when it comes out either watch it and enjoy it, or don't; or stfu again get back to your daily lives and act as if it didn't happen. Honestly if you don't care about Eva, why would you even have a discussion about it in a forum? To prove you're right and eva is a piece of trash, or to prove others wrong from what they think: enjoying an anime called eva.

Well, whatever, I'll just wait till it comes out, and watch it and if it was good and enjoyed will treat it like another good anime and go on with my daily life.
Gsus

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:29 am Reply with quote
It's ok, kids. You can come out of the bomb shelters now.

I'm curious how this is going to turn out: EVA TV being born from his depression (and therefor an case of someone dealing with his issues through the only medium that he knows) and him being "happier" now, the end result is going to be interesting. As influential as the original EVA? Maybe not. Interesting? Yes.

Three months to go, waiting for details: voice actors, promotional material, etc still AWOL. At least something to keep me busy this fall.
Danno19

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2007 5:54 am Reply with quote

Gets me all hot and bothered.
Atamaii.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Good God, 9 pages! Love it or hate it, Evangelion generates interest.

Even if you don't think much of the show, you know its because of successes like this, and Dragonball and Sailor Moon, that keeps the shops running, hoping for another hit. Its a shame so many good releases get overlooked.

Inevitably, Kaiyodo has announced product for the movie. The first two figures from their revoltech series.
http://www.ab-z-toys.com/index.php/archives/57.htm

[/url]
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9