• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
How many chapters do you read a day? {your reading pace]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Master_M2K

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:51 am Reply with quote
When I was reading Ichigo 100%, I as reading about 20 - 30 chapters a day because it was so addictive that I couldn't stop, which is why I finished it all within a week. Anime smile
Truered

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:44 pm Reply with quote
I've got many books to read, but almost don't want to, for fear of never having the first time through experience again (I'm stupid like that).

I've been very lax over this holiday period. However where I ordered a few more volumes I did just sit down randomly and reread Bleach 1 in about an hour.

That's the one thing I hate about Manga. I sit down, get involved etc and feel an hour and a half+ must have past. Instead its likely to be under an hour. It throws me off Shocked

Also I feel I read too fast and should pay more attention to the artwork Cool
dragoness_crysta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I can read 2 whole volumes easily in a couple of hours....I like "devastating" the book... Razz Razz Razz
but I always re-read it...
Nom_Anor

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Hmm. It really depends on the conditions. On an average day(not horribly tired or hyped up on caffeine), it takes me about:

10-12 minutes to read a volume of manga at home
14-18 minutes to read a volume in a bookstore(I have to be careful to not bend the spine or damage the book, since it isn't mine)
7-10 minutes to read a downloaded scanlation of a volume(a lot of time is saved since I don't have to flip pages)

Reading quickly is a mixed blessing. It means that reading for classes is faster, and it makes taking standardized tests easier(I just got a 34 on the ACT. HUZZAH!), but it makes reading for pleasure much more expensive. Buying manga is pretty much limited to when it is on extraordinary sale or in omnibusi. Novels are somewhat better, as it will take me at least a few hours to read(For example the 6th Harry Potter book took me just below five hours to read), but the fact that anime comes with a forced pace is one of the best parts about it. I have to watch the anime in 25 minutes, no exceptions. I
LuckySleven

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Depending if it's a manga with some good pictures and a difficult dialog then it would take me about 20min for each chapter. If it's like some-what boring chapter than it takes me like 5min.
It's not that I'm a slow reader it's that I choose to read slow Very Happy
Don't want to misunderstand anything than go back and read it all over again. Embarassed
Saiyo_Chan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2007 4:58 pm Reply with quote
It really depends on the quality of the manga. When I was younger, I could read a volume in less than an hour, and if I bought three manga volumes in a day, I would have all three finished by the end of the day. Now, though, I really am much more picky, not to mention more busy. If I'm really enjoying a book, I can finish the volume in 90 minutes or less, and won't be able to put it down. A few weeks ago, for example, I picked up the series "Bring It On!", and finished the entire volume 1 and half of volume 2 in a day, which is much more than I usually read. It's hard to find a series that I enjoy that much. Other days, I may just not feel like reading manga, and may not read a single page, even if I have three or four books that I'm in the middle of that day.

Sometimes, it takes me a day to read a volume. In some cases, I may just put it off completely - It took me four months to finish "Nana" volume one, and almost a month to finish off the last 20-30 pages! Mostly because I was always reading other series instead and rarely got to it. I think I could finish books much faster if I wasn't always reading 3-6 other books at the same time!.... :3
Mercenary_Q

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Well it all really depends on how busy i am. If there is plenty of time nad the stories got me hooked i can finish the whole issue in about an hour so roughly 6-10 chapters. But if i'm busy and have other things to do it i read maybe half a chapter.
Anudevil13

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:50 am Reply with quote
When i read something new
Average of 50-100 chapters a day easily

and if im hooked to something
200 ~ chapters a day ( did with ippo 4 days in row)
opconvoy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:30 pm Reply with quote
I usually read one chapter a day, but sometimes if i have nothing else to do, I read a few more.
MigRay

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:26 pm Reply with quote
It depends on a weekday and weather. If not busy and weather is poor I'm sticking to my books and notes.^-^ I usually finish up one manga vol (1-6 chapters) in a day and at the best I did go through like 5-6 vols a day. ^-^
thebeats42

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:18 am Reply with quote
At least 5 chapters a day. But ever since school started it has been reduced to 1 chapter a day.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4