• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
superdry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:32 am Reply with quote
ssandulak wrote:

To get a little more back on track, has there been any more word on Aniplex recent series they picked up? Release dates, formats...etc etc?

Not that I can think of.

The licenses I think that are the closest to getting more info are Nisemonogatari, Mikunopolis and probably Sword Art Online.
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:33 am Reply with quote
Magi as well.

potatochobit wrote:
If you would like a brave new start, move out of your mom's basement. once you start paying your own rent you will see how far 150$s takes you.

Oh, I'm quite aware. In fact, that's why I need the monies from such giving philanthropists like you! This "fake world" I live in, which consists of a job, bills and family to take care of just won't let me piss away money the way I want to!

It's very interesting how you bring up the "mom's basement" thing when you have absolutely no f**king clue who am I and where I am. If anything, it just hints where your riches come from. Wink
potatochobit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:46 pm Reply with quote
if exporting out of country is that much in high demand,
maybe I should think about opening up a yahoo japan auctions account...
or maybe I should try listing some things on ebay and offering international shipping lols...
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote
So basically, even more cockblockage from Aniplex.

Seriously. Why the f*ck are these people still in business? Oh yeah, I know. ...Cause people keep buying. >_>
One-Eye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:57 am Reply with quote
potatochobit wrote:
no one is making excuses, one-eye.
I am just giving you reasons as to why typos occur.

Ok, I'll take your word for it, but you have to understand it came off to me that way, particularly with what sounded like an appeal to our sympathy: "employees...not really paid that much... people are either behind or overworked". Now I'm just explaining my reaction here so don't take it the wrong way. I'm not looking to turn this into an argument. The reason it rubbed me wrong is that many people work hard, are under payed and expected to perform, yet Aniplex should get a pass? This was my reaction and I hope you can understand where I'm coming from. I apologize if I misunderstood the intent of your post.
Quote:
and you are partly incorrect. in the production world before anything is printed a client must 'sign-off' that everything is correct.
that means the client also has the responsibility to ensure he is getting what he asked for and must proof check.

now, if the client finds printing errors afterwards, of course you need to fix that but the client shares responsibility as well and must also cover part of the cost for re-printing. Now, this does not apply to consumers, I just mention it since you brought up your job for hire scenario.
Just to clarify a few things here. First, my point was that it isn't the concern of the client/customer to pity the person they contracted with. This is different then whether a client shares responsibility to proof-check or not. Proof-checking is not the same as "I feel so bad for you, because you are so overworked and therefore I don't mind these errors". I used the word pity to draw reference to the appeal of sympathy in your post. This was my point, I could say more but no need to stretch this out.

Quote:
obviously, Aniplex should ensure all future discs have all the errors fixed. And if the issue is serious enough, replace the discs.
I agree.
Quote:
however, crying about a few typos in reality is just a joke.
I agree up to a point. I don't mind a few misspellings myself, but if the subs aren't timed correctly to a scene, or they are missing from a scene it would annoy me. At the same time I think some companies have been in the business long enough that it should be rare. I think that part of the issue is also the medium. If the work is subtitled people are just naturally going to pay more attention to it and be more easily irritated by errors especially if they feel that they are paying a lot for it.
Quote:
150$ is expensive for anime and most may not buy it
I agree it is expensive and as I have said before I'm done paying over $100 for DVD only. You know like for GoS. Sorry but we live in an era of HD now. Oh, and in case you don't know I do own Aniplex titles.

Quote:
but in the real world that is chump change.
I'll agree that many things are more expensive and $150 doesn't necessarily buy you what it used to 20 years ago. But not all things. Heh, I believe that $150 would have been ~3/4 of my monthly car payment just 3 years ago (payed off), so it wouldn't exactly be chump change. $150 may pay for someone's monthly medication (not generic) obviously not chump change to them. Have you seen the price of clothing lately? Some of it is ridiculously expensive and its all garbage and falls apart in 6 months. My point is that $150 is chump change to you, which is fine, but not everyone thinks the same which is also fine.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:50 am Reply with quote
$150 is chump change? Yikes.

Anyone want to give me a $150 donation towards the new Gurren Lagann box? ;p
manicli

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:24 am Reply with quote
PrecisionCrab wrote:
So basically, even more cockblockage from Aniplex.

Seriously. Why the f*ck are these people still in business? Oh yeah, I know. ...Cause people keep buying. >_>

And do you know why people keep buying? Because their stuff is WORTH BUYING!

I'm disappointed that GoS is DVD only but I'll eventually be picking it up regardless.
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:09 am Reply with quote
Do you have any proof or are you just going to be like VataRaven and claim horse's mouth doesn't know as much as you?
Nico87

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:11 am Reply with quote
I'm a European TRSI customer and AoA supporter (and I know I'm not the only one) living in Europe arguing against two Americans living in the USA. The likelihood that either of them knows what they're talking about is hovering around the 2% mark.

Not that I'm claiming any online argument victory or whatever, I know they're just quoting from the right (and only) source.
PrecisionCrab

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:28 pm Reply with quote
manicli wrote:

So you think Aniplex's inflated prices are "worth buying" even though it's practically a universal fact that they're insanely inflated and over-priced. And you think you're getting a good deal when Funi is blatantly ripping you off with their half-sets.

Thank you for making your position known. I'll have to keep notes on this for future reference. You're an excellent specimen for mind-control research.
Nico87

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:19 pm Reply with quote
PrecisionCrab wrote:
manicli wrote:

So you think Aniplex's inflated prices are "worth buying" even though it's practically a universal fact that they're insanely inflated and over-priced. And you think you're getting a good deal when Funi is blatantly ripping you off with their half-sets.

Thank you for making your position known. I'll have to keep notes on this for future reference. You're an excellent specimen for mind-control research.

Come on, it's not science, there's no need to act dumb.

X amount of people finds AoA releases worth buying = sales = AoA stays in business.

Hating on people that finds something worth buying. What are you, 12? Or are you speaking on behalf of the entire anime customer base in USA maybe? It's like if you liked expensive cars or whatever and another guy likes cheap cars, how ridiculous would ANY argument against your preference for expensive cars from the latter sound?

I mean, if personal preference is subject to attacks, what's next?
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Name calling and a Ferrari analogy? I think that's a Bingo!
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:27 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
I think that's a Bingo!

"You just say Bingo."

Great movie if that was what you were referencing. If not, never mind.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:03 pm Reply with quote
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Actually, I was trying to reference that wonderful ANN argument Bingo chart that's been floating around for a while. Although it works the other way too. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 68 of 108