• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FaytLein

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm getting both, doubly now because of those sweet extras. But then again, me being me, was this any doubt at all? That Oreimo set alone would looks too good to pass up.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:19 pm Reply with quote
DVD only, sub only...
But that poster...

It's hard, but I have to pass. I like the show, but I think one viewing subbed will be enough for me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:13 pm Reply with quote
luffypirate85 wrote:
WTK wrote:
Starsplash Taiwan wrote:
However, if they want my money, they will have to drop that pricetag down a lot.

Aniplex pricing does not go down. They only go up in price shortly after the street date.

Shopping around won't help you out either. Sony locks out any retailer competition because of their minimum advertised price policy. No affiliate discounts, no membership discounts, no specials, no bargains. They don't even apply for free shipping at the Bandai Store, so their rewards program won't even work in your favor. So basically, your either stuck buying new or buying at double MSRP from an Amazon or eBay vendor. I'd suck it up and spend the $60. Just sayin' Smile

So that's why I seldom see sales on aniplex titles. Apart from the discount on pre-orders at Right Stuf, the only Aniplex titles I've ever seen placed on a sale section was the Gurren Lagann movies.

Although their prices are higher than the norm, they do add a lot of extras, which makes the price a little bit more bearable. Perhaps, these extras will give Funimation an idea of how a limited edition should look like. Laughing
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:29 am Reply with quote
I just noticed that the Kenshin movies are labeled as Imported from Japan on the ad on display here on ANN. It was probably there the entire time, but I just never looked at it properly. Anyway, I guess this explains the high price even though it still doesn't look anymore reasonable to me. Very Happy
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Guren Alchemist4 wrote:
I just noticed that the Kenshin movies are labeled as Imported from Japan on the ad on display here on ANN. It was probably there the entire time, but I just never looked at it properly. Anyway, I guess this explains the high price even though it still doesn't look anymore reasonable to me. Very Happy

The three releases are also simultaneous releases. Japan and U.S. pretty much releasing it at the same time.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Trust and Betrayal R1 DVD vs BD - via Mania forums
Quote:
BD screenshots cropped to 4:3 (1440x1080), DVD screenshots bicubic resized to 1440x1080

01 R1DVD | BD
02 R1DVD | BD
03 R1DVD | BD
04 R1DVD | BD
05 R1DVD | BD
06 R1DVD | BD
07 R1DVD | BD
08 R1DVD | BD
09 R1DVD | BD
10 R1DVD | BD
11 R1DVD | BD
12 R1DVD | BD
13 R1DVD | BD
14 R1DVD | BD
15 R1DVD | BD
16 R1DVD | BD
17 R1DVD | BD
18 R1DVD | BD
19 R1DVD | BD
20 R1DVD | BD
21 R1DVD | BD
22 R1DVD | BD
23 R1DVD | BD
24 R1DVD | BD
25 R1DVD | BD
26 R1DVD | BD
27 R1DVD | BD
28 R1DVD | BD
29 R1DVD | BD
30 R1DVD | BD
31 R1DVD | BD
32 R1DVD | BD
33 R1DVD | BD
34 R1DVD | BD
35 R1DVD | BD
36 R1DVD | BD
37 R1DVD | BD
38 R1DVD | BD
39 R1DVD | BD
40 R1DVD | BD
41 R1DVD | BD
42 R1DVD | BD
43 R1DVD | BD
44 R1DVD | BD
45 R1DVD | BD * No equivalent frame, the background is different, maybe the original footage was lost?
46 R1DVD | BD
47 R1DVD | BD
48 R1DVD | BD
49 R1DVD | BD
50 R1DVD | BD
51 R1DVD | BD
52 R1DVD | BD
53 R1DVD | BD
54 R1DVD | BD
55 R1DVD | BD
56 R1DVD | BD
57 R1DVD | BD
58 R1DVD | BD * Possibly the biggest issue with the ADV release, the missing epilogue text in the JP releases.
59 R1DVD | BD
60 R1DVD | BD
Guren Alchemist4

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:48 am Reply with quote
Man, it looks great in blu-ray. The colors are deeper and images are sharper. It's getting a bit tempting. Smile
Scormio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:24 pm Reply with quote
Has anyone gotten their OreImo set yet? Normally TRSI ships out stuff early, but its only 1 week away from street date and it hasn't even been "reserved for order" yet. Not that I mind waiting, jw if I was alone in this or no one had gotten it yet.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quote
Limited Edition things tend to not ship out way early. For example, my Baccano BD set only shipped 6 days prior to it's street date - the same goes for a lot of my Funimation LEs. I don't what it is about the LE stuff that gets held up, but they do. It'll probably start shipping tomorrow or Wednesday since post offices are closed today.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:31 pm Reply with quote
Just a heads up: People are reporting that OreImo has started shipping out today.
Tony K.
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:57 pm Reply with quote
Guren Alchemist4 wrote:
Man, it looks great in blu-ray. The colors are deeper and images are sharper. It's getting a bit tempting. Smile

I wrote a review if you're interested in reading it. And if you're gonna' get it, you better get it before the price goes up to a hundred plus dollars. Current cheapest price under Amazon is $65 from Bandai Entertaniment as a third party.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:37 am Reply with quote
According to Chris Beveridge's review of Rurouni Kenshin: Reflection, the Japanese cast interviews which were on both R2 & ADV DVDs are not included on the Blu-ray.

Quote:
Extras: The only extras available on this release are the two TV commercials for the individual OVA releases.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:20 am Reply with quote
Tony K. wrote:
Guren Alchemist4 wrote:

I wrote a review if you're interested in reading it. And if you're gonna' get it, you better get it before the price goes up to a hundred plus dollars. Current cheapest price under Amazon is $65 from Bandai Entertaniment as a third party.

I'm surprised these things didn't sell out immediately. I think they've learned that keeping a constant flow of them coming in considering that the Garden of sinners, their other import, was their biggest seller to date.

I'm here to also report a shipping confirmation on Oreimo and Blue Exorcist DVD sets Very Happy Haven't been this excited for a DVD only release in a while...feels weird lol.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:59 pm Reply with quote
For the curious, I have posted packaging shots of the Oreimo boxset here (scroll down to post #40; URL won't link correctly here).
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:50 pm Reply with quote
Just in case anyone is curious about what Aniplex is doing with Madoka, here you go (I know these aren't actual solicitations, but they have given pricing and info on various Madoka dvd/bd editions):

http://www.fandompost.com/forums/showthread.php?6496-Madoka-Magica

Thanks to WTK over at Fandom Post for that summary of Aniplex info. Smile
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 108