• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:00 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:54 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Hmmm...Dvd+Blu-Ray+Cd+Booklet+Figure+Card for about $50? I wonder what the box is made out of. Still I'm jealous it looks like they are getting a nicer deal than NA.

<sigh> The italians also have Black Lagoon on Blu-ray, now I'm really jealous.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:57 am Reply with quote
FUNimation does have BD rights to Black Lagoon S1&2. We just don't know when it will be released.
Norbie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:20 am Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
FUNimation does have BD rights to Black Lagoon S1&2. We just don't know when it will be released.

Looking around at the European Amazons, theirs are marked as coming during May/June, and they already have their cover art displaying. Hopefully the US will have their versions out during that time too.

I'm really looking forward to BL on bluray, along with lain, Haibane, and Hellsing. Need to start saving for those ASAP.

Be nice Very Happy
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:38 am Reply with quote
You know, I think having the first Madoka LE box ship more than a week before the street date spoiled me... because I'm beginning to get a tad impatient about waiting for a shipping confirmation about this second one, hah. I was hoping that it'd ship to campus before I went back home for Easter weekend, but I guess not... Neutral

Checking my Right Stuf account, it does look like it was supposed to ship early, on April 2nd... but then it wasn't, I guess?

Quote:
Shipment Number: XXXXXXXX X1 00
Ship Date: Apr 2 2012
Shipment Method: USPS STD (B) Media

Might this have to do with the status of the LE order being "all backordered?"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Polycell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:16 am Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
You know, I think having the first Madoka LE box ship more than a week before the street date spoiled me... because I'm beginning to get a tad impatient about waiting for a shipping confirmation about this second one, hah. I was hoping that it'd ship to campus before I went back home for Easter weekend, but I guess not... Neutral

Checking my Right Stuf account, it does look like it was supposed to ship early, on April 2nd... but then it wasn't, I guess?

Quote:
Shipment Number: XXXXXXXX X1 00
Ship Date: Apr 2 2012
Shipment Method: USPS STD (B) Media

Might this have to do with the status of the LE order being "all backordered?"
That could just be a placeholder - my preorder for volume 3 says it'll ship March 2(the day after I placed it, incidentally - did you place your order sometime later?).
Animerican14

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:43 am Reply with quote
I ordered all three LEs when TRSI began accepting pre-orders , so... October? Fall of last year, for sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Trustilotous

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Garden of Sinners and Oreimo are being re-released.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:01 pm Reply with quote
I might have considered double dipping on Garden of Sinners if there was a dub, but it doesn't sound like that's happening. Oreimo is still a huge pass for me...what a turd Laughing .
_Emi_

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:58 am Reply with quote
Well, Puella Magi Madoka Magica V.2 is showing up as being reserved for order as is the Aniplex attachment. Anyone what that is supposed to be? I hope it's just not another postcard.

One-Eye wrote:
Hmmm...Dvd+Blu-Ray+Cd+Booklet+Figure+Card for about $50? I wonder what the box is made out of. Still I'm jealous it looks like they are getting a nicer deal than NA.

For me, the only thing they have over the NA release is the price and since it's not in English I don't see the point in saving the $25.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 12:18 pm Reply with quote
_Emi_ wrote:
One-Eye wrote:

For me, the only thing they have over the NA release is the price and since it's not in English I don't see the point in saving the $25.

I wasn't saying I was going to buy the Italian version just that I found it interesting and maybe more attractive than what we are getting in the NA market. I'm not a figurine person, but I thought that was a nice addition plus I prefer my artboxes to be solid not flimsy cardstock. Also when you factor in all 3 releases its a $75 savings not $25, which makes me think they are getting a pretty good deal over there.
_Emi_

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:07 pm Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
I wasn't saying I was going to buy the Italian version just that I found it interesting and maybe more attractive than what we are getting in the NA market.

I wasn't trying to suggest you were. I just was giving my differing opinion on the Italian release being a nicer deal.

Quote:
I'm not a figurine person, but I thought that was a nice addition plus I prefer my artboxes to be solid not flimsy cardstock.

If you look closely at the pictures, you can see where the flap folds in on the spine, so the box most likely falls in with the flimsy cardstock artboxes. And while the NA box wasn't chipboard, it was still a nice box and not what I would call flimsy.

Quote:
Also when you factor in all 3 releases its a $75 savings not $25, which makes me think they are getting a pretty good deal over there.

I wouldn't care if the savings came out to $100. It doesn't have English and I don't speak Italian. A show I cannot understand is not a good deal no matter what it costs me. For someone who knows Italian it would be a good deal, but I don't.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:10 pm Reply with quote
_Emi_ wrote:
One-Eye wrote:
I wasn't saying I was going to buy the Italian version just that I found it interesting and maybe more attractive than what we are getting in the NA market.

I wasn't trying to suggest you were. I just was giving my differing opinion on the Italian release being a nicer deal.
Well it kind of came off that way since you said:
Quote:
This implies importing. Maybe that's not what you intended, but it kinda reads that way.

_Emi_ wrote:
One-Eye wrote:
Also when you factor in all 3 releases its a $75 savings not $25, which makes me think they are getting a pretty good deal over there.

I wouldn't care if the savings came out to $100. It doesn't have English and I don't speak Italian. A show I cannot understand is not a good deal no matter what it costs me. For someone who knows Italian it would be a good deal, but I don't.

And that's what I said. They (the Italians) are getting a pretty good deal. Jeez louise I was just trying to express my envy for Italian prices, I'm not looking to start an argument about prices.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote
Crisha

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:09 am Reply with quote
I just received my Volume 2! Happy days! Very Happy

Okay, I'm not waiting around this time for a camera to record myself opening it.

The little card attached to the side of the box on the LE states that there's just one 2-sided poster, but there are two in the box. I like 'em! (I'm gonna need to post up the Sayaka feeding Kyoko one).

The book has interviews with Akiyuki Shimbou, Eri Kitamura, Ai Nonaka and a conversation with Urobuchi and Shimbou. The 4-koma panels are still translated the same way as the 1st LE (words to the side and below the panels). Haha, I love the "I'd Never Tolerate Such a Thing" and "Kyoko Is Stupid... So Stupid" ones.

I think I'll listen to the OST while I'm working at my computer today. I love the shiny blue lettering on the cover.

I still wish the cover of the box would have followed suit with the characters on the DVD and blu-ray. I want Sayaka and Kyoko grouped together. Oh well.

_Emi_ wrote:
Well, Puella Magi Madoka Magica V.2 is showing up as being reserved for order as is the Aniplex attachment. Anyone what that is supposed to be? I hope it's just not another postcard.

It's a postcard. The picture has Madoka, Kyubey, Sayaka, Mami, and Homura on the front of it, and the back shows the 3rd volume LE that WTK posted. Some peeps on Fandom Post must have received theirs as well and probably have pictures up (I'm not checking that place while at work... I've gotten pop-ups before and I don't trust going to that page unless if I'm on my computer at home).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 24 of 108