• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quote
jmfsilenthill wrote:
Just in case anyone is curious about what Aniplex is doing with Madoka, here you go (I know these aren't actual solicitations, but they have given pricing and info on various Madoka dvd/bd editions):

http://www.fandompost.com/forums/showthread.php?6496-Madoka-Magica

It's pretty much the official solicitation. Listings will go live sometime on Monday @ TRSI.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 2:22 am Reply with quote
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:17 am Reply with quote
And updated.

I would've updated it sooner, but I was too busy sleeping. You know, that thing you don't do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:04 pm Reply with quote
As seen from one's online order status (that had ordered the combo LEs):
Quote:

• 1 of MADOKA MAGICA VOLUME 1 GIFT WITH PURCHASE
  • 1 of MADOKA MAGICA VOLUME 2 GIFT WITH PURCHASE
  • 1 of MADOKA MAGICA VOLUME 3 GIFT WITH PURCHASE

TFP forums (Alison Roberts)
Quote:
In this case -- at the moment -- this is so we have the option to add a promotional postcard to your shipment, if one is produced. (Putting this in place as a gift with purchase, ensures no one gets missed.)
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:14 am Reply with quote
via TFP forums
Quote:
Note: I just received the following from Aniplex today involving the releases of the series in a PDF file:

Thank you very much for your pre-order of Puella Magi Madoka Magica. This letter is to inform you that there has been a revision to the product features with all the Madoka Magica releases. The following will not be included as an Extra to the Madoka Magica releases:

Textless Endings

The Textless Openings will still be included with all the releases; however the textless endings will not be included. We apologize for any misunderstanding and any inconvenience this has caused you. If you are not satisfied with the revision, please contact your store in regards to their pre-order policy.

Thank you very much for your time and understanding.

Sincerely,
Aniplex of America
Scormio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:25 am Reply with quote
That seems like an odd thing to just randomly take out, unless they had problems with the source footage or something like that.
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:57 am Reply with quote
Scormio wrote:
That seems like an odd thing to just randomly take out, unless they had problems with the source footage or something like that.

Sometimes N. American distributors can't get textless OP and/or ED rights (one recent example would be K-ON!).

This one is rather odd. The R3TW releases (2 volumes released thus far) have textless ending as extra.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:13 am Reply with quote
Is AoA really a North American distributer, though? Aren't they simply an extension of the Japanese branch run by people who worked at Aniplex in Japan? I think their situation is a little different from everyone else's, so I have a hard time believing they wouldn't be allowed to release extras to shows they own.

My guess is that they heard the cries from Japanese fans and decided to take out something, so they took from us what Japanese fans didn't even get. Yea, Taiwan gets to keep the textless EDs, but their release isn't anything compared to ours (that exclusive art box is pretty sweet, though).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:39 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Is AoA really a North American distributer, though? Aren't they simply an extension of the Japanese branch run by people who worked at Aniplex in Japan?

I guess it depends on how one defines an anime N. American distributor. The answer may vary from person to person. As for me, I count them as one since they release domestic anime releases.
Quote:
I think their situation is a little different from everyone else's, so I have a hard time believing they wouldn't be allowed to release extras to shows they own.

Sometimes things are not as simple as it seems . For example, Aniplex of America was not able to obtain rights to include character commentaries (from the various voice actors) for the Oreimo release.
Dessa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:49 pm Reply with quote
An update for you guys, I asked on twitter about the textless endings:

Dessa wrote:
@aniplexUSA - can you tell us why the Madoka release won't have the textless endings?

Aniplex wrote:
It was due to a clearance issue, We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you.

So it's apparently a clearance issue. That's all I got for you guys.
WTK

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:21 pm Reply with quote
WTK

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Last chance...

Now with a counter @ TRSI...
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:42 pm Reply with quote
WTK wrote:
Last chance...

Now with a counter @ TRSI...

I actually want to buy this because of the limited nature, and the fact that there's only a few left. But I also hate this show with a passion. Pick some sense out of that. Neutral
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:32 pm Reply with quote
So Aniplex is offering the Fate/Zero BD boxset as an import over at rightstuf, and the price is exactly what you would expect:
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/J62ULhjQmJ3PYvyWJm/browse/item/93826/4/0/0
archaron

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:34 pm Reply with quote
I guess I won't be getting that title then.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 4 of 108