• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:37 pm Reply with quote
North America info & links round-up

• RightStuf.com: LE (w/3 clear files featuring the theatrical poster art) / Reg
  • USA Animate Online Shop: LE (w/Wall Scroll B2-size cloth wall scroll featuring original artwork: Ultimate Madoka & Akuma "Devil" Homura) / Reg
  • C&L Internet Club (Canada): LE (w/2 Madoka key holders) / Reg (w/1 Madoka key holder)

PUELLA MAGI MADOKA MAGICA THE MOVIE “Rebellion”Blu-ray Collector's Edition (IMPORT) **WHILE SUPPLIES LAST**
Quote:
Release Date: 4/8/2014
SRP: $118.98
Store Price: $94.98

Disc Spec
• Media: Blu-ray Collector's Edition (Import)
• Languages: Japanese
• Video: Color, Widescreen
• Subtitles: Japanese, English (*Audio commentary and bonus contents do not include subtitles)
• Extras: Textless Opening and Ending, Audio Commentary by voice cast
• Episodes: Feature
• Total Run Time: 116 min.
• Rating: 13 up

Bonus Contents
(Included in both Collector's & Standard Edition. Contents are subject to change.)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Commercials
• Textless Opening
• Audio Commentary … and more (*Audio commentary and bonus contents do not include subtitles)

Collector's Edition Package and Exclusive Bonus
• Rigid Box featuring New Artwork
• Digipak featuring New Artwork
• Exclusive BD: “Rebellion Theatrical Release Commemoratory - Understand the Hit Anime Series "Madoka Magica" in 2 Hours!”
• Exclusive Original Soundtrack CD
• Deluxe Booklet

ANIPLEX OF AMERICA EXCLUSIVE BONUS!!
• English Translation Booklet of the “Deluxe Booklet”

MadokaMagicaUSA.com Exclusive
• Exclusive 3 Clear Files featuring Images of the Theatrical Posters*
*Fulfilled by Right Stuf. While supplies last

PUELLA MAGI MADOKA MAGICA THE MOVIE “Rebellion” Blu-Ray Standard Edition (IMPORT)
Quote:
Release Date: 4/8/2014
SRP: $68.98
Store Price: $54.98

Disc Spec
• Media: Blu-ray Standard Edition (Import)
• Languages: Japanese
• Video: Color, Widescreen
• Subtitles: Japanese, English (*Audio commentary and bonus contents do not include subtitles)
• Episodes: Feature
• Total Run Time: 116 min.
• Rating: 13 up

Bonus Contents
(Included in both Collector's & Standard Edition. Contents are subject to change.)
• Theatrical Trailer
• Commercials
• Textless Opening
• Audio Commentary … and more (*Audio commentary and bonus contents do not include subtitles)
*Bonus materials subject to change.
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Hmm, my assumption that AoA would offer all three PMMM movies as a set may not come true...

It's likely Movies 1 & 2 to be released together as a domestic release in North America in the near future. Italy released them (domestic release) together and standalone back in December.

Italy's domestic BD/DVD/CD LE for Movies 1 & 2: LINK

WTK

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:18 pm Reply with quote

http://www.aniplexusa.com/nekomonogatariblack/ | http://www.rightstuf.com/i/aoa4801
Quote:
-Nekomonogatari Black- Tsubasa Family Blu-ray Set (LE)

Blu-ray Specs
Languages: Japanese
Video: 16:9 Widescreen
Audio: Linear PCM/Stereo
Subtitles: English
Total Run Time: Approx. 107 min.
Rating: 13 UP

Bonus Contents & Materials
■BAKEMONOGATARI Digest Video
■MONOGATARI Series 2nd Season Trailer
■Textless Opening and Ending
■Deluxe Booklet
■Pinup Postcard Set
■Packaging Illustrated by AKIO WATANABE (chatacter designer)
*Bonus contents and materials subject to change.

Coming 4/22/2014
Pre-orders Begin 2/18

SRP: $64.98
Sales Price: $49.98

http://www.aniplexusa.com/monogatarisecondseason/ | http://www.rightstuf.com/i/aoa4001
Quote:
-Nekomonogatari White- Tsubasa Tiger Blu-ray Set (LE)

Blu-ray Specs
Languages: Japanese
Video: 16:9 Widescreen
Audio: Linear PCM/Stereo
Subtitles: English
Total Run Time: Approx. 127 min.
Rating: 13 UP

Bonus Contents & Materials
■"Omnibus 1" Video (approx 25min)
■Textless Opening and Ending
■On Air Version Textless Ending
■PV & CM Collections
■Deluxe Booklet
■Pinup Postcard Set
■Packaging Illustrated by AKIO WATANABE (chatacter designer)
*Bonus contents and materials subject to change.

Coming 6/24/2014
Pre-orders Begin 2/18

SRP: $74.98
Sales Price: $59.98

Last edited by WTK on Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:49 am; edited 4 times in total
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:59 pm Reply with quote
I hope there will be non-LEs of these. I don't relish paying $50 for four episodes and $60 for five. Mind you, there hasn't been a non-LE for Nisemonogatari so far, has there? Hmm.
battlechili1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:29 am Reply with quote
Nekomonogatari: Black and Nekomonogatari: White? I thought Black was its own series and White was an arc in Monogatari Series: Season 2. They aren't releasing all of season 2 in one set? Can someone explain this to me?
OldCharlieStoletheHandle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:01 am Reply with quote
It looks like Aniplex is going to release Monogatari Second Season in separate arcs; Nekomonogatari: White is the first 5 episodes and the "Omnibus 1" episode included is presumably the summary which was episode 6 (according to the episode list in the encyclopedia).

I'll probably get these as I have Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari is on order.
Nico87

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:43 am Reply with quote
I'll get these for sure but argh, still no Silver Spoon solicit?
luffypirate

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:35 pm Reply with quote
Gotta get these to continue the show. I downloaded a torrent of Black a while back but never watched it. I hope the "boxes" are rigid to match their predecessors. First thing when I wake up on Tuesday is to order them. I have a special alarm set to remind me :p
potatochobit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:11 am Reply with quote
can you imagine the price for 26 episodes of an aniplex title on blu-ray? good thing it's being sold in short arcs.

I will definitely buy it but not right away since I have already ordered rebellion and have to repurchase the maria holic re-releases next month.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:06 am Reply with quote
Well, assuming AoA keeps its pricing consistent with the Nekomonogatari Black release (4 eppies = $50 at TRSI) and the Nekomongatari White release (5 eppies = $60 at TRSI) then:

Mayoi Arc (4 eps) - $50
Nadeko Arc (4 eps) - $50
Shinobu Arc (4 eps) - $50
Hitagi Arc (6 eps) - $60 (also possible it might be $70 since it has one more eppie than Neko White)

So for the entire Monogatari Second Season, we're probably looking at $270-$280. Which basically puts it in line with AoA's 2-cours Fate/Zero BD LE domestic release ($290 at TRSI).

I suppose you can argue that breaking it up into arcs like that means you don't have to shell out a whole bunch of money at once.
Nico87

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Well, assuming AoA keeps its pricing consistent with the Nekomonogatari Black release (4 eppies = $50 at TRSI) and the Nekomongatari White release (5 eppies = $60 at TRSI) then:

Mayoi Arc (4 eps) - $50
Nadeko Arc (4 eps) - $50
Hitagi Arc (6 eps) - $60 (also possible it might be $70 since it has one more eppie than Neko White)

So for the entire Monogatari Second Season, we're probably looking at $270-$280. Which basically puts it in line with AoA's 2-cours Fate/Zero BD LE domestic release ($290 at TRSI).

I suppose you can argue that breaking it up into arcs like that means you don't have to shell out a whole bunch of money at once.

I think this is a good solution. Too bad about the long wait inbetween volumes but it's understandable given the Japanese BD release schedule. On the other hand it's a positive for potential buyers who doesn't like to shell out much at once.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Nico87 wrote:
Blood- wrote:

Mayoi Arc (4 eps) - $50
Nadeko Arc (4 eps) - $50

I think this is a good solution. Too bad about the long wait inbetween volumes but it's understandable given the Japanese BD release schedule. On the other hand it's a positive for potential buyers who doesn't like to shell out much at once.

Yes, it is a fair solution for those that have to have it, no matter the price. It makes me dread, what I am going to have to shell out for KILL la KILL, when it makes it's debut, because I have to have it.

Just another dark note for anime consumers.
luffypirate

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 3:04 am Reply with quote
Yeah Nico got it right. Due to the fact its still being released in Japan kills the chance at a complete set right now. I'm alright with smaller parts. It makes it more affordable ($50 every few months vs $300 at once) everyone can probably agree with that, assuming you are okay with the pricing. Maybe they will toss in an ender box?

EDIT: could this be the return of singles?? ;p every industry guy interviewed has said that that is the most profitable way to go.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:04 am Reply with quote
God, I hope not. I don't think it is. It's hard to imagine any other distrib going back to that model.
jmfsilenthill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Singles can suck it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 87 of 108