• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 2011 Hunter x Hunter Anime's Main Cast Listed

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Banjo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:35 pm Reply with quote
I think Hisoka's old voice is better, Daisuke Namikawa probably will act like Fai ( Tsubasa Chronicle ) which I don't like.
Redlinks

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:38 pm Reply with quote
Still disappointed that it's not the old cast but I reserve all judgement until I view it for myself.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Oh no, I don't like *insert voice actor here*! Now I'm not even going to bother watching an Anime that I am clearly interested in, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this right now!
ArsenicSteel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Calling the anime 2011 the "definitive" version is a marketing ploy for sure because hopefully it was cover all the manga but factoring re-castings for roles that were pretty damn strong makes me even more cautious of the hype. Sure I am disappointing because the previous VAs are not coming back, that is not going to get in the way of me trying out the new series.

With the exception of Gon's VA I am seeing names I know can put out great performances but I am having a real tough time imagining voices for Kurapika, Hisoka, and Leerio that I would like from those VAs. Anyway the proof cake great isn't it's appearance but it's taste, so I am holding off any judgement until I hear the actual performances.
xScar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Spellings are still all messed up.

Gon Freecss
Killua Zoldyck

It's going to be a sad day when Hisoka shows up at the Hunter Exam Sad Daisuke Namikawa certainly has done a range of performances from Fay to Ulquiorra to Eustass Kid (and they all sound pretty different), so I doubt it will be a /horrible/ job, but nothing can compare to what Hiroki Takahashi gave to character. Just hearing his voice could give you those creepy chills.

I can probably manage with everyone else... though Gon and Killua will take longer to get used to than Kurapika or Leorio.
Psycho_Despair

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Well, while everyone is talking about the VAs, I am curious whether this new HxH anime will contains hiatuses over the course of its run.

Anyways, I am more curious about the animation of HxH 2011 since its MADHOUSE doing the animation!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:58 pm Reply with quote
xScar wrote:

Gon Freecss
Killua Zoldyck

There have been debates over spellings for over 10 years now. Mainly because Togashi himself can't figure out how to romanize some of the names.

Just give it a rest please. =\
xScar

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:59 pm Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
xScar wrote:

Gon Freecss
Killua Zoldyck

There have been debates over spellings for over 10 years now. Mainly because Togashi himself can't figure out how to romanize some of the names.

Just give it a rest please. =\

Well, ANN said they corrected it with Viz spellings, which they didn't ~_~ Just trying to fix crap.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:01 pm Reply with quote
Ah, sorry, my bad. I thought you were one of those "This is the only correct spelling" kind of people.

It may be Kurapika and it may be Kurapica, but I prefer the latter.
NJ_

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Megumi Han (live-action Otomen) as Gon Freecs

As KLAC pointed out, she is the daughter of veteran seiyuu Keiko Han so this should be interesting.

Last edited by NJ_ on Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:06 pm Reply with quote
And now I'm awaiting (or at least hoping for) the final announcement... Who will simulcast it?
Expias

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:32 pm Reply with quote
Kazemon15 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:
Expias wrote:
Not sure of anything for the new seiyuu for Gon. Pretty sad that they didn't or couldn't get Takeuchi Junko to come back and voice Gon. Her "Gon" voice was very similar to the voice used for Inazuma Eleven's Endou Kanon so it's not like her voice has changed.

If I had to guess, its because she has basically become entrenched as Naruto... when she did a voice for a character in One Piece recently, I couldn't hear that character as anything but Naruto. So they may have avoided her since new people wouldn't be able to hear Gon as anything but Naruto either.

I'm not too sure about that. She still has a variety of voice acting that you can't tell she's even Naruto.

I have to agree. I watch many shows that Takeuchi Junko has done voice work for and her Gon and Endou Kanon voices are different to her Naruto / Kanbara Takuya / Endou Mamoru voices. I KNOW it's HER because I've watched many shows with her voice but it's not "oh it's Naruto!"

It took me a few minutes after both characters spoke in the Inazuma Eleven movie to realize Endou Mamoru and Endou Kanon were the same seiyuu because I had to relate the different characters that I remembered. Anime dazed;
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:17 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Ah, sorry, my bad. I thought you were one of those "This is the only correct spelling" kind of people.

The spelling I used to always see on the Japanese fan sites is Curarpikt, but English language sites rarely ever use that version of his name, usually preferring Kurapica.
xScar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:45 am Reply with quote
Past wrote:
Megiddo wrote:

The spelling I used to always see on the Japanese fan sites is Curarpikt, but English language sites rarely ever use that version of his name, usually preferring Kurapica.

That comes from Togashi's deranged spellings that he did at some point -- there's also stuff like Phalcnothdk for Pakunoda.

They actually used Phalcnothdk for the HxH play they did titled "リアルステージ ハンター×ハンター「A Longing for Phalcnothdk 〜蜘蛛の記憶〜」." Easy to find these spellings on official Japanese sites as well.

I tend to stick to Viz's names :S
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:12 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Interesting that a completely new seiyuu is voicing Gon. Should be interesting to see how that goes, though since I never watched the first anime, I probably shouldn't have to hold her up to a standard.

Why not? We hold every dub VA to a standard. Laughing

xScar wrote:
Past wrote:

That comes from Togashi's deranged spellings that he did at some point -- there's also stuff like Phalcnothdk for Pakunoda.

Mxyzptlk? Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3