• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Fullmetal Alchemist: The Sacred Star of Milos US Premiere and Q&A

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Roy Mustang did not have as big of a role in this film. Was that an editorial choice? Why didn't he have a bigger part?

The Japanese fans were angry about the same thing.

Thanks for quoting my question ANN!! Very Happy
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:16 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen the movie myself yet but even without seeing the movie I am sure I will agree with the review. It's not easy to take someone else's characters and tell a compelling story. I am not saying it can't or has not been done, but it's rare.

Not that I am going to complain about the film. A lot of great merchandise came out because of it.

Also while no one visited Creta in the original story, it was mentioned as one of the countries surrounding Amestris. So the country itself was not made up for this movie.
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
Quote:
Roy Mustang did not have as big of a role in this film. Was that an editorial choice? Why didn't he have a bigger part?

From my understanding the movie takes place soon after Mustang was injured fighting Lust. It took a while for Mustang to recover.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:01 am Reply with quote
Charred Knight wrote:
Keichitsu0305 wrote:
Quote:

From my understanding the movie takes place soon after Mustang was injured fighting Lust. It took a while for Mustang to recover.

Oh yeah! The director did say that the movie took place after volume 11 (or Ep. 20 in Brotherhood) and Mustang was badly injured in episode 19. Shocked
Although, I kinda find it ironic to see the Colonel spoiler[ using his Flame Alchemy to heel Julia just like he did with Havoc.]
barrelroller

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:21 pm Reply with quote
The movie was a bit of a mess. They really tried to cram as much as they could into it. Was it a bad movie? No. Was it better than the original FMA anime movie? Yes.

I'll wait for DVD/Blu release to further go on my gripes with this movie so I have it fresh in my mind again.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1