• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam PS3 Game Sets Sales Records in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerv1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:52 pm Reply with quote
People in America never get the good anime related video games, we always get stuck with the crappy ones.
DekarMaximGuy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:03 pm Reply with quote
Eh, Koei seems to like America, to an extent, so I still have hope for it coming over here.
RezSav

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quote
I don't think Tekken 5 even has online functionality, so no surprise there. I'm sort of shocked that it's doing so well after reading Ashcraft's piece on it over at Kotaku: http://kotaku.com/gaming/top/ps3s-gundam-musou-launches-in-japan-240644.php

Last edited by RezSav on Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Canuckian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:09 pm Reply with quote
So it's not the travisty known as Crossfire then? Meaning this Gudam Game isn't the game that launched with the PS3.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:12 pm Reply with quote
Nerv1 wrote:
People in America never get the good anime related video games, we always get stuck with the crappy ones.

This gundam game might be the first one that doesn't completely suck, (Famitsu gave it a 9,8,8,8) but America has been getting most of the Gundam games that came out last generation. But it's not like there that great, they all had that same battle system since it was released on Dreamcast. And I bet we'll get this game also, we already got the first Gundam game on PS3.....not that anyone in the US bought, or that anyone wanted to play it. Word on the street was that it could pass as a PS2 launch game.
icepick314

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:27 pm Reply with quote
i saw trailers and various pics and it doesn't seem all that remarkable...

most likely that Japanese are just following brand loyalty and grabbing the game just because it's Gundam...

just bunch of button mashing featuring Gundam mechs while enemies standing still...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Drowning_Wolf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:50 pm Reply with quote
Nerv1 wrote:

Yeah... like they're is many good anime related games.

Deltakiral wrote:
This gundam game might be the first one that doesn't completely suck, (Famitsu gave it a 9,8,8,8) but America has been getting most of the Gundam games that came out last generation. But it's not like there that great, they all had that same battle system since it was released on Dreamcast. And I bet we'll get this game also, we already got the first Gundam game on PS3.....not that anyone in the US bought, or that anyone wanted to play it. Word on the street was that it could pass as a PS2 launch game.

Well, Famitsu gave Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire a great score too (8,8,8,8) does it makes a good game? Heck no, and I am pretty sure it sucks as much as the last one. It sells well and get good rating because it's a Gundam game.
B.K.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:01 am Reply with quote
1up.com had an interview with one of the producers of Gundam Musou. The game is definitely coming to America.
madpierrot

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:02 am Reply with quote
Haha, I love this "Gundam PS3 Game Sets Sales Records in Japan". That's not really something that means much since it's for the PS3 at this point. I mean it can't be that hard to be one of the best selling PS3 games.

Also this game is dynasty warriors but with gundams. Can that really be that good?
DekarMaximGuy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:15 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Also this game is dynasty warriors but with gundams. Can that really be that good?

If you enjoy the Dynasty/Samurai Warriors series, of course it can. My brother loves those games to death, so he is eagerly awaiting a game where he can do all that with Gundams.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:39 am Reply with quote
DekarMaximGuy wrote:
If you enjoy the Dynasty/Samurai Warriors series, of course it can. My brother loves those games to death, so he is eagerly awaiting a game where he can do all that with Gundams.

Exactly I am a fan of the DW series even though the series hasn't changed since the PS2 launch game. If I had a PS3 I would probably pick up that game, since there really since anything else to pick up at this time.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Well, Famitsu gave Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire a great score too (8,8,8,8) does it makes a good game? Heck no, and I am pretty sure it sucks as much as the last one. It sells well and get good rating because it's a Gundam game.

wrong. there are too many gundam games that doesn't do good even in japan.
the first gundam game on PS3 for example.
maybe it will sell few more copies than the average Dynasty Warriors game because of Gundam.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:00 am Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
Quote:

wrong. there are too many gundam games that doesn't do good even in japan.
the first gundam game on PS3 for example.
maybe it will sell few more copies than the average Dynasty Warriors game because of Gundam.

Are you talking about how well it did, by scores or by sales figures? I know that the first gundam game was best selling gundam game at launch. But according to Bandai Namco they needed to sell 500,000 units in order to see some sort of profit. By the end of 2006 there was barely that many systems available.......
v1cious

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:00 pm Reply with quote
something more interesting they didn't mention, is the second highest seller of the week was Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni for ps2. it sold 80,000 copies on the first day.
wings of words

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Higurashi PS2 is great, since they have all new art for the characters, and it's fully voiced.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1