• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Click - March 3rd - March 9th

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:45 pm Reply with quote
It's true. TV listings indicate that Beck: Mongolian Chopsquad will premiere this Friday at 8pm EST/ 5pm PST on MuchMusic in Canada. There will be a marathon of the first five episodes on Saturday, which will be repeated each day the following week, presumably for Spring Break.
Canuckian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:55 pm Reply with quote
Damn that's cool.Much watch Much, even if it's not to doggle at that Pussy Cat Doll show, or watch Random Music videos at 4:00 AM...
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:07 am Reply with quote
Buster Blader 126 wrote:

Out of curiosity, are those the official episode titles for Gun X Sword, LordByronius?

They're the ones listed on ANN's encyclopedia. G4TechTV Canada doesn't seem to supply anyone with official episode titles, so I'm mostly going on blind faith, which seems to be working out since nobody's corrected me yet!

Sweetmusic_01 wrote:
Congrats on the one year anniversary. Keep up the excellent work :D

:D :) :D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:00 am Reply with quote
tarrin4ever wrote:
There is talk about BECK premiering on the 9th on MuchMusic, in Canada.

Vrai, of faux?

It's true. It's also having a 5 episode marathon on the 10th. If memory serves, that should cover the first great moment of the series that being the spoiler[skinny dipping singing moment.]
Nebs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Confound those Canuckians for getting new Bleach episodes before us! I eagerly and maliciously anticipate a situation similar to what happened with Naruto; wherein YTV had a slight lead on US viewers, until a ridiculous amount of marathons on Cartoon Network's part put them a half-dozen episodes ahead. You might think, given the other nutty claims made on The Click over the past year, that I'm kidding, but I'm not. I actually anticipate this. I am a sad, sad man.

Eh, I don't know. Adult Swim has never been the kind to marathon new episodes. Reruns sure, but I don't think they've ever shown more than 1 new ep of anything since Cowboy Bebop (when they'd show an hour of it when AS first began). Maybe the US will jump ahead if Canada goes on reruns for a few weeks while Adult Swim continues on with new ones, but that's the only way I can see happening.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
kolibri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:58 am Reply with quote
Couple of things about the YTV Friday line-up...

Like Canuckian already noted, Eureka 7 is now at the 11 pm timeslot. But it's also probably worth noting that they're starting a rerun of Gundam SEED at 11.30 pm slot, starting from the first episode.

Other thing that I'm looking forward to is Naruto episode 71 on Friday - this episode has key animation by Norio Matsumoto, and is one of the best animated episodes of Naruto.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:50 pm Reply with quote
Man, first they get Bleach an episode ahead of us, then GSD, and now BECK. How come Canada gets all these awesome shows and we don't? But then again we do get Naruto quite a few episodes ahead of them.

Oh well. MAR and PoT are running in order again, so I'm happy. Very Happy More so for PoT then MAR though.
Nebs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:23 pm Reply with quote
kolibri wrote:
Other thing that I'm looking forward to is Naruto episode 71 on Friday - this episode has key animation by Norio Matsumoto, and is one of the best animated episodes of Naruto.

I don't really like his Naruto episodes. I mean sure the animation is amazingly fluid & everything, but it just looks too odd & different from the rest of the series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
kolibri

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Nebs wrote:
kolibri wrote:

I don't really like his Naruto episodes. I mean sure the animation is amazingly fluid & everything, but it just looks too odd & different from the rest of the series.

I'm sure not everyone does, it is quite different compared to Kishimoto's style. But I enjoy Matsumoto's art very much - and I like to see something outside the box, even with Naruto.
claustrophobia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quote
I live in canada and I have noticed that Beck is going to also be premiering as well! on chanel 29 much music on March the 7. The muchmusic site has the first episode schedueled on 3/9/2007 8:00 PM. here's the link to the viewing scheduel http://www.muchmusic.com/tv/beck/
I'm pretty sure it wasn't up on the click but then again muchmusic isn't really the first place you'd think of to play anime.
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:16 pm Reply with quote
kolibri wrote:
Nebs wrote:
kolibri wrote:

I'm sure not everyone does, it is quite different compared to Kishimoto's style. But I enjoy Matsumoto's art very much - and I like to see something outside the box, even with Naruto.

Meh, I don't really care about that sort of thing, as much as I do love Kishimoto's style. Although that particular episode is quite awesome.
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:58 pm Reply with quote
LordByronius wrote:

They're the ones listed on ANN's encyclopedia. G4TechTV Canada doesn't seem to supply anyone with official episode titles, so I'm mostly going on blind faith, which seems to be working out since nobody's corrected me yet!

Ahh, I see. I had a sneaking suspicion that that was the case, but I wanted to make sure. I wonder if there's anybody who owns the R1 Gun X Sword DVDs that would like to confirm the episode titles for us... Confused

As for Beck, it can be put on for this week's The Click, seeing as Episodes 3-5 premiere on Saturday, and MuchMusic's schedule has them listed, episode titles and all (even though most of the titles were already in English during the Japanese broadcast).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2