• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Naruto Manga (for scanlation readers)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:19 am Reply with quote
Aromatic Grass wrote:
digitalkikka wrote:
...after seeing the flashback with Itachi and Orochimaru.

And we finally see Orochimaru in Akatsuki's cloak!

And he looked pretty good in it Anime smile + sweatdrop

BlooDrAgOn wrote:
Change subject ------ Who thinks Tobi is Obito?

I haven't put much thought into it, but the evidence is intriguing. That would be an amazing plot twist. It's hard to tell right now since we don't know much about either of them. I hope we get to see more of him and the rest of Akatsuki soon. We still have two members we haven't actually seen and a few who we know nothing about. And after watching Shippuuden, I actually miss Deidara Shocked
Dranxis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:23 am Reply with quote
Quote:
And after watching Shippuuden, I actually miss Deidara

I know, the only thing I dislike about the Timejump arc is that it goes for very long stretches of time without showing what's going on with a particular character or not. Oh well, some of my favorite characters have gotten whole arcs to themselves, so I guess I can't complain. *still misses Deidara, Gaara and Neji*

On the note of the latest chapters, I also believe that Sasuke defeated Orochimaru... And yet, I'm hoping that that's not the end of Orochi, since I felt like we were just starting to get to know him as a character. And besides, I always thought "Orochisuke" would make a ridiculously funny villain. Just imagine Sasuke with that long tongue. o_0
cnile

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:42 pm Reply with quote
I've always laughed at the theory that tobi is obito, but bloodragon actually points out some evidence to make me think it could be possible. and one more thing to his list: they have similar personalities, even though tobi seems like even more of a goof off than obito was. and if tobi is obito, thats gonna be some chapter when him and kakashi meet, maybe tobi will want to "take his gift back".
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 4:32 pm Reply with quote
BlooDrAgOn wrote:

There's a lot of evidence pointing towards this, however, I might just be overly fanatic about it.

- The bolts on the side of his body that was crushed (the same type on Zetsu's face)
- The mask leaves an opening for an eye, but no eye is ever seen, meaning it could be the empty eye-socket
- Obito --- Tobi. The leters are rearanged but take out one of the O's
- The mask is to hide his deformed face
- Dropped the ring because he's blind

Sorry, it's just a possibility that I can't seem to drop.

That's actually a pretty interesting theory there. Never really thought of it that way. I think it would be pretty awesome if it were true, especially in a series that could use a few good plot twists.Wink

Quote:

Keep in mind that I said this before chapter 345's release. Still, I find it hard to believe Orochimaru would die so easily. (I'm not saying that he is dead, just that I'm a little suspicious of that final scene.)

Okay, so I was wrong about what would happen in 345. I do, however, think the same thing will happen with this chapter.(Boy, what a cliffhanger! We'll just have to tough it out for another week!) Even though that's my speculation, I still wouldn't put it past Kishi to do the other. I'm just trying to be as optimistic as I can. I still highly doubt that Orochi is dead, though.

Quote:

digitalkikka wrote:
...after seeing the flashback with Itachi and Orochimaru.

And we finally see Orochimaru in Akatsuki's cloak!

That was a pretty dang awesome scene! Orochi actually looks pretty cool in it!
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:19 pm Reply with quote
BlooDrAgOn wrote:

I'm not going to say he is or isn't. It's really hard to say right now, but it's stil possible (especially because of the Kakashi Gaiden). It's like the speculation that Yondaime is really the leader of Akatsuki. Although, that one was obviously wrong from the beginning. There's no way anyone should still believe that now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Anime Wench

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:45 pm Reply with quote
I've read chapter 345 and I see we're still not sure how it turned out. My prediction is that if Sasuke is the winner, Itachi will be the next one to fall at the hands of Sasuke. Which in my opinion, will make him the new number one S-Class criminal in the Hidden Leaf Village Bingo Book. Not because he killed Orochimaru and Itachi, but because in order to do that, he would have to be even more powerful than those two and that would be one bad ass.
LightYagami

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:00 am Reply with quote
it could be possible that the fight between spoiler[Sauske and orochimaru] was a draw meaning that spoiler[Sausuke could be suppressing orochimaru just like how naruto is supressing the kyuubi]. But thats just my theory would be interesting if thats the case but it probably be tougher to handle in the long run. Does anyone else think that this is a much more acceptable possibilty?
bllanosr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:23 am Reply with quote
Spoiler if you haven't read 345:
spoiler[I personally think Orochimaru won and took over Sasuke's body. I think the storyline is going to be one of those "we know it's useless to try to save Sasuke, but let's keep on trying because there might be a 0.001% chance that there's a miracle way to kick orochimaru out of his body." I just see that theme a lot in animes/mangas. For example, how Aizen's vice captain thinks Aizen is still good at heart in bleach and that wierd twisted story with the princess in the second season of Magic Knigh Rayearth.]
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:51 pm Reply with quote
bllanosr wrote:
Spoiler if you haven't read 345:
spoiler[I personally think Orochimaru won and took over Sasuke's body. I think the storyline is going to be one of those "we know it's useless to try to save Sasuke, but let's keep on trying because there might be a 0.001% chance that there's a miracle way to kick orochimaru out of his body." I just see that theme a lot in animes/mangas. For example, how Aizen's vice captain thinks Aizen is still good at heart in bleach and that wierd twisted story with the princess in the second season of Magic Knigh Rayearth.]

Could definitely be a possibility. I think it would be kind of interesting to seespoiler[ this particular way to get Orochimaru out of his body if this is true.]

I actually kind of like LightYagami's prediction. It'd be more exciting to see, but that would mean that Sasuke would have to know some sort of jutsu we never in a million years would have guessed he knew in order to pull it off. (although Orochimaru probably taught it to him anyways) Perhaps the Reaper Death Seal?
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:47 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
I actually kind of like LightYagami's prediction. It'd be more exciting to see, but that would mean that Sasuke would have to know some sort of jutsu we never in a million years would have guessed he knew in order to pull it off. (although Orochimaru probably taught it to him anyways) Perhaps the Reaper Death Seal?

That would be a crazy plot twist but I still think (and hope) Orochimaru is dead (or defeated). It would be a good showing of Sasuke's strength and allow us to shift focus back to Akatsuki.

bllanosr wrote:
spoiler[I think the storyline is going to be one of those "we know it's useless to try to save Sasuke, but let's keep on trying because there might be a 0.001% chance that there's a miracle way to kick orochimaru out of his body."]

Wouldn't that just be so shounen? Laughing
bllanosr

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:06 pm Reply with quote
digitalkikka wrote:

Well isn't naruto one of the more popular shounen series running right now?
Aromatic Grass

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:58 pm Reply with quote
digitalkikka wrote:
...allow us to shift focus back to Akatsuki.

I know! Please! There has been a huge gap, at least too huge for me, since the last Akatsuki. I want to see the final two members (and Tobi) in action!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
digitalkikka

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:49 pm Reply with quote
bllanosr wrote:
digitalkikka wrote:

Well isn't naruto one of the more popular shounen series running right now?

Yes, Naruto is shounen, but I was implying that it would be cliche to see something like that happen.

Aromatic Grass wrote:
I know! Please! There has been a huge gap, at least too huge for me, since the last Akatsuki. I want to see the final two members (and Tobi) in action!

It's been way too long since we've seen Akatsuki. Orochimaru did his thing, he's served his role as villain and he's done well in training Sasuke, but it's time for him to make his exit. We need to move on and the path we need to take is one that leads us to more Akatsuki Twisted Evil
somdow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:36 am Reply with quote
but my ? is this, do you all think that sasuke as he is now (chapter 345) is stronger than naruto AND the kyuubi in him or are yall making comparisons to naruto without his use of 9 tails?

because if its naruto without his use of the demon fox then yeah, all that "special training" he had with orichimaru etc. gave him that lead

but

and b4 yall answer that, wasnt there only one person that was able to beat the demon fox?(the first hokage if im not mistaken) and because of that sasuke wont be able to REALLY defeat the naruto with use of the fox ?

in any case i just hope this new move of his isnt WHORED all over the place like rasengan was. since he learned of a way to 'learn' faster, i hope he makes use of it and learns other ways to implement his wind chakra. they even changed the name of the series to shippuden. i hope it ALL doenst revolve around this ONE new move......
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:06 pm Reply with quote
digitalkikka wrote:

Aromatic Grass wrote:

It's been way too long since we've seen Akatsuki. Orochimaru did his thing, he's served his role as villain and he's done well in training Sasuke, but it's time for him to make his exit. We need to move on and the path we need to take is one that leads us to more Akatsuki Twisted Evil

Well now that I think about it, Orochimaru did put up a good fight, he did serve his purpose, and Sasuke being the one to kill him would be a good way to go for him, with the attention shifting back to akatsuki. I just still feel like there needs to be more to Orochimaru than there was is all. But yes, get back to akatsuki as soon as humanly possible please! Anime cry
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 2 of 79