• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Code Geass Sequel Announced

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:10 am Reply with quote
If there is anything preventing a U.S. license of Code Geass, it would be the Pizza Hut product placement (who knows how that was hashed out in the beginning and what kind of licensing issues it could cause) and possibly concerns about percieved political messages.

who_is_friend wrote:
I never doubted for a second that it was going to continue. The pacing really gave it away. They were never going to wrap it up in less than 10 episodes unless they really rushed things. Too many plot points for a 25 episode series.

After Gundam SEED Destiny, I wouldn't put anything past them. Based on how things were paced in the early 40s, one would think (and hope) they were going for around 70 episodes but no, they just crammed their re-written plot inot the remaining 5 episodes. And they even found time to spend half an episode shopping and trying on clothes. Rolling Eyes
whoisfriend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:28 am Reply with quote
Karasuhebi wrote:
coffee wrote:
Alright, give me all the Geass I can get! I love the show and I'm crossing my fingers that it gets licensed. I'll be looking forward to the new season when it arrives, and it's a good thing tat they're taking the summer off so they can think up all sorts of cool things for us.

Oh come on, an anime made by Sunrise with character design by CLAMP? Of course it's gonna get licensed. Especially seeing how popular it seems to be among the Japanese folk and the fact that it has great Pizza Hut product placement. Anime hyper

But then again, it does have mechs....The US market is not open-minded about mech shows....sadly. =(

-Karasuhebi

The Canadian market is though *stares at the impending airing of GSD tomorrow*.
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:29 am Reply with quote
Yes! More Code Geass! I'm still on the first season, of course, but it's great to know that there'll be lots more a-comin'. I was getting a little concerned, because, as some have mentioned before me, Geass has way too complex a plot to resolve in a mere 26 episodes (or 25 or how many ever – still need to get there).
Bachi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:45 am Reply with quote
This show is great, except for one thing I don't understand:

If they eat so much pizza hut, shouldn't the characters be in the bathroom afterwards for half of the show?
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:11 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
If there is anything preventing a U.S. license of Code Geass, it would be the Pizza Hut product placement (who knows how that was hashed out in the beginning and what kind of licensing issues it could cause) and possibly concerns about percieved political messages.

Just to interject, CG is the kind of show that needs TV exposure, and while I doubt the Pizza Hut advertisements would hamper a DVD release, it certainly wouldn't go well on [adult swim] where it deserves to be showcased. Hopefully, the delay in aquiring agreements with Pizza Hut in the US might allow a certain fun animation anime distributor/dubber to aquire it...

Also, CG II could be bad news, since a lot of people seem to think the anime will follow the manga's three seperate adaptions by using a different character's POV for each new season. Frankly, I won't even touch "Code Geass - Suzaku of the Counter Attack" since "Lelouch of the Rebellion" is far more interesting and less, well, anal.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:54 am Reply with quote
Malintex Terek wrote:
Hopefully, the delay in aquiring agreements with Pizza Hut in the US might allow a certain fun animation anime distributor/dubber to aquire it...

It's a mecha anime by Sunrise. I don't think there's any question as to which company will be licensing it.

It would probably do well on YTV in Canada if they were to pick it up in the future, since mecha always seems to do way better here (ie: Gundam, the various Transformers anime). However, E7 would be a tough act to follow, and Geass is only decent. Of course, after GSD finishes, who knows what peoples' expectations are going to be like.

Last edited by Pepperidge on Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
craziplaya21

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:51 am Reply with quote
Pepperidge wrote:
...However, E7 would be a tough act to follow, and Geass is only decent. Of course, after GSD finishes, who knows what peoples' expectations are going to be like.

even tho i liked eureka7 as well, Code Geass is far better, imo. eureka7 never had me shaking from anticipation of each episodes like Geass did.
The Garbage Man

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:52 am Reply with quote
I dont think it will be to good... i mean it just became Gundam Seed in the last ep... which makes me kinda want to not continue watching it.
Ryvius213

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Malintex Terek wrote:
Also, CG II could be bad news, since a lot of people seem to think the anime will follow the manga's three seperate adaptions by using a different character's POV for each new season. Frankly, I won't even touch "Code Geass - Suzaku of the Counter Attack" since "Lelouch of the Rebellion" is far more interesting and less, well, anal.
If it's still called "Lelouch of the Rebellion", I wouldn't count on a new POV. And director Taniguchi made it pretty clear in an interview that Lelouch was the main focus of the entire series.
Karasuhebi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:31 pm Reply with quote
They could very well change the name (or subtitle) of the series for this new season, I've seen it happen plenty of times. Also, he might have meant that Lulu was the main character for THIS series, maybe he's count a second season of CODE GEASS as a separate series?

To give you an example, Ah! My Goddess Sorezore no Tsubasa is the second season of the 2005 Ah! My Goddess series but it's still considered it's own series. =P

-Karasuhebi
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
shirokiryuu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:46 pm Reply with quote
I don't see why Pizza Hut wouldn't want Code Geass to advertise it.

From what I see, watching Code Geass has caused a lot of people to eat PIzza Hut. I know I have

Although CG is fasted paced, at this rate I don't think it will be solved in 6 more episodes. I would think after "Lelouch of the Rebellion" they will probably create "Suzaku of the Counterattack" to take advantage of its popularity. But of course I would get annoyed at Suzaku and miss Lulu (as he's much more interesting)
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:59 pm Reply with quote
I'm sure Pizza Hut wouldn't mind the advertising, but it could still be an additional hoop for a licensor to jump through depending on how the contract works (if Pizza Hut in Japan and here are the considered a single entity, it may not be an issue but I suspec they are two different entities). And then there is the question of whether Pizza Hut would want money for using their logo (even if it is free advertising). If they did, that would hurt things.

Of course, these are all just a bunch of "maybes" and "what ifs" since none of us know how it was hashed out in Japan in the first place.
Bachi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:16 am Reply with quote
can't they just edit out the pizza hut logo? seems like it would be easy

also, i don't think they would change the point of view. it doesn't seem like there are enough episodes to conclude the plot in this season. besides, suzaku is a boring character...no one wants to see things from his perspective!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2