• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4Kids Entertainment Financial Results

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:15 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

Abarenbo: Not sure about the anime, but people are clearly buying the Mew Mew manga from Tokyopop, so it must at least be profitable, or they wouldn't be publishing the spin-off. In addition, Pokemon and YuGiOh were specifically about games; so they were more marketable to kids than OP. Kahn also technically hasn't "failed" yet, unless TMNT flops miserably, which it might, since it looks mediocre, and it's desperately riding the nostalgia wave like Bay's Transformers.

No, I still think that Kahn dropped the ball on OP. Here is a property, with numerous marketing opportunities. I've stated this before, and I think Kahn had a golden opportunity to line his pockets from two sources. Parents and Otaku. Unfortunately, whatever the reason, he never capitalized on it.

A shame he wasn't the first company to "double-dip" in both the Parent and Otaku markets. Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4