• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Favorite anime film that's NOT Ghibli.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ethanftw

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:18 pm Reply with quote
wcsinn wrote:
ethanftw wrote:
What is this? I'm interested.

This is an awesome samurai period piece, done by Bones, and IMHO easily the equal of any Miyazakii film - it really is that good. The synopsis from the official website:
No Name is a ronin who abandoned his name in troubled times, and who vowed to never unsheathe his sword again. Luo-Lang is a blond-haired, blue-eyed Western assassin working for the Ming Dynasty who feels something is missing from his life. No Name and Luo-Lang are destined to clash, as the only thing they believe in is their swordsmanship. These two strangers meet when a mysterious young boy named Kotaro enters their lives. They kill—and kill some more—in a blazing display of Japanese sword action, and ultimately find that they share a common destiny.

Give it a try, its easily available from Amazon and the usual suppliers.

Wow, this actually sounds pretty awesome. It sounds up my alley with a lot of action, which I thoroughly enjoy. I think I might give this a shot when I decide to purchase some more things.
Vracer111

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:39 pm Reply with quote
ethanftw wrote:
Wow, this actually sounds pretty awesome. It sounds up my alley with a lot of action, which I thoroughly enjoy. I think I might give this a shot when I decide to purchase some more things.

I'd definitely recommend picking up Sword of the Stranger sooner rather than putting it off later because the price has not dropped (actually has gone up a little, you are not going to find it for less than $26 from a third party vendor on amazon unless you go used) since its release and you never know when it's finally going to go OOP with the price skyrocketing as the availability goes down to nothing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3