• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Online (MMO) To Be Released in 2008

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quote
i would rather they do Bleach or Naruto.
belligerent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:06 pm Reply with quote
It would be funny if they made this game and the player characters weren't allowed to be any of the "cool" things from DB/Z, you just had to be a regular human. And got your ass kicked often by squirrels.

Also I fear players will run out of food-related names in about a week.

I'm just surprised nobody thought to do this before.
Kouji

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:33 pm Reply with quote
belligerent wrote:
Also I fear players will run out of food-related names in about a week.
Don't forget about the underwear-related names.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
namelissis

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:45 pm Reply with quote
since I'm a big fan of the DB games, I think i might be playing these one...

i just like to do a kamehameha with my opponents... Hahahaha...

Yeah, I think they should make a Naruto OL game... Sharingan, Kagebunshin...

Hahaha
matthewlow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:12 pm Reply with quote
If it does come here I'll be surprised. The card game died once the anime finished, and sadly that's a testament to the popularity of the franchise, namely amongst younger age kids.

I'm not saying that DBZ isn't popular, but to think it's popular enough to run a whole MMO in the US? That's streching it IMO. There's no way Z can come close to matching WOW. Now it coming as just a video game...

And you call GT a sequel to Z... -_-... sure it was, but was it a worthy sequel? Besides, it looks like this will take place before GT from the screen shots.
Ichigo77

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:32 pm Reply with quote
I really hope this comes to the US because I have always imagined a game like this. To play this game though would you have to buy a CD or would you just download it offline like Gunbound?
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:40 pm Reply with quote
To tell you the truth, I'm a little dissapointed that this was amde before a Pokemon MMO. I mean Pokemon and/or Digimon (although done a little differently) would make an amazing MMO.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
UltimaShadowfax

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Iwatch2muchanime wrote:
To tell you the truth, I'm a little dissapointed that this was amde before a Pokemon MMO. I mean Pokemon and/or Digimon (although done a little differently) would make an amazing MMO.

If Pokemon were in anyone's hands besides Nintendo's it would have been an MMO a long time ago.

And this DB Online looks interesting, mostly because I'm a DB fan. Still, the fact that Toriyama is personally overseeing it makes it a lot more attractive. The first true sequel to DBZ?
Abarenbo Shogun

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:22 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
In this MMORPG, you spend a year powering up your characters, but your actual fights only last a few seconds. Rolling Eyes

No, it's gets drawn out for like, 45 days for a full-blown 5 minute fight.
Alucalb

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:26 pm Reply with quote
Funny, I was thinking a while ago "what if DBZ were an online game?", and here it is. I might check it out if it comes to a game console like the 360.

coffee wrote:
WoW meets DB...this looks like utter fail to me. When I first read the article it sounded neat, but if it's a 100 years after DB, why is Goku and gang aappearing in the game?

'Cause in DBZ death is just a day off. Razz
angelus_0102001

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:09 am Reply with quote
is that so? i hope that will be great...
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:24 am Reply with quote
Deltakiral wrote:

DBZ did continue.....remember? DBGT was the sequel to DBZ.

DBGT could never be considered an official continuation for DBZ since it wasn't based on Toriyama's ideas and it severly lacked the Dragon Ball feel.

As for the game, since Trunks-kun will play a major role in it you can absolutely count me in in case there's an English version Wink

I've seen a girl with lavender hair in one of the screenshots, I wonder if she's supposed to be a descendant of Bejiita and Buruma.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:45 am Reply with quote
Somewhere in Japan, Hideaki Anno is thinking to himself that they're milking DBZ more than he's milking EVA. Which is saying something. But just you watch, you'll see an announcement for an Evangelion mmo in the next month or two.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Iwatch2muchanime

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:51 am Reply with quote
Raven Shinobi wrote:
Deltakiral wrote:

DBZ did continue.....remember? DBGT was the sequel to DBZ.

DBGT could never be considered an official continuation for DBZ since it wasn't based on Toriyama's ideas and it severly lacked the Dragon Ball feel.

As for the game, since Trunks-kun will play a major role in it you can absolutely count me in in case there's an English version Wink

I've seen a girl with lavender hair in one of the screenshots, I wonder if she's supposed to be a descendant of Bejiita and Buruma.

I think that girl is one of the Created Characters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime
Kibate

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:08 am Reply with quote
so the storyline doesn't include GT? Well, even though i agree that GT wasn't as good as the "original" it still seems a little odd(and if it includes GT, goku being there wouldn't be a problem as well as piccolo(since piccolo is dead anyway and as god he survived many hundread years too))
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4