• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: 'Otaku USA Magazine' Launching in June

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:57 am Reply with quote
I hope that con report at the link isn't an example of the mag's content in general, because it doesn't seem to stand out from the competiton.
Anime World Order

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:04 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
I hope that con report at the link isn't an example of the mag's content in general, because it doesn't seem to stand out from the competiton.

Speaking as someone who's read Patrick's books and the things he posts on his own website, I can almost guarantee that con report--in fact, that entire website--has nothing to do with him. It just doesn't read or look like anything he's done before.

Go to Youtube and do a search for "Tokyo Eye" to check out some of those live-action segments he made for Japanese TV. I'm thinking that's more along the lines of what the magazine will end up like.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Well looks like I am going to have to check this out after finding out who going to be writing the anime reviews for the mag......see post before me. I am hoping that this is actually found in B&N/Borders since it took some time before I could find PA at my local stores. Looking forward to the first issue, good luck.
GATSU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:07 pm Reply with quote
All I care about is the manga insert.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1