• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 10th Anniversary of Pokemon in Japan

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jakeass2008

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:17 am Reply with quote
DUDE THIS SHOW IS SO SO PLAYED OUT ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY , SURE IT HAD ITS BUMPS OF FUN BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST STOP IT GIVE OUS ALL A BREAK FROM THE YELLOW OVER POWERED RAT!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:00 pm Reply with quote
jakeass2008 wrote:
DUDE THIS SHOW IS SO SO PLAYED OUT ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY , SURE IT HAD ITS BUMPS OF FUN BUT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST STOP IT GIVE OUS ALL A BREAK FROM THE YELLOW OVER POWERED RAT!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad

Never has a user name been as appropriate as yours.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
naruto fan 09812

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Break out the Champaign for Pokemon,ten years of increasing the anime fandom. And its coming out in style with the release of Diamond and Pearl,I can not wait to get mine hands on those games.
Josh7289

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:27 pm Reply with quote
SaiyamanMS wrote:
The only edits in season 9 were BGM edits.

Which were still very annoying, since there was some good new music they cut out.

Edit: speling
minakichan

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Well, technically... The recent season 9 dubbed by Pokemon USA is uncut in that there's no cuts or paint edits (They didn't even use paint edits on Engrish like "Grande Festibal"). The only edits in season 9 were BGM edits.

Yeah, that's true, and I shouldn't be complaining; PUSA did a good job despite the voice controversy. Just kind of addressing some of those who were hoping for full uncuts.

Quote:

I still don't get that... Tons of other anime and video games have run for so much longer, yet I've never heard anyone demand the end to Doraemon or KochiKame or Mario or Legend of Zelda... Pokemon will probably last no shorter than some of those other "classic" video games--it's already become something of a classic itself, practically integrated into both Japanese and non-Japanese modern culture. Heck, documentaries on the culture of the 90s are bound to include segments on Pokemon. I can't say this for definite, but most of the complainers, from my experience, are kids and teens who either feel ashamed to admit they used to like a kids' show like Pokemon, or ashamed that their anime hobby could possibly include kids' shows like Pokemon. Or they're jumping on the hate bandwagon. If you're not in this category, disregard it, but otherwise, please grow up.
omar235

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:07 pm Reply with quote
SharinganEyes92 wrote:
Damn! All this talk actually makes me want to find my Gameboy and start playing again. Laughing

Heh I started playing right after I saw the thread. Very Happy It also spured me to break out that pokemon collection...I even found the limited edtion Lugia card that came with seeing the pokemon 2000. Razz
SaiyamanMS

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:06 am Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:
SaiyamanMS wrote:
The only edits in season 9 were BGM edits.

Which were still very annoying, since there was some good new music they cut out.

Agreed. Although at least we didn't get any more of those horribly dodgy sandwich edits. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3