• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, August 7-13

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:21 pm Reply with quote
It's times like this that I really wish this thing came with how much a manga sold. I mean I guess it could be that Fullmetal Alchemist 3-1 is doing really well due to Brotherhood's recent release but I can't imagine it doing this well unless Sales where bad all across the american manga industry.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Guess Yu-Gi-Oh GX is still popular over here, how long ago was the anime on T.V.?

Still refused to be interested in either Bakuman or Blue Exorcist. And not particularity interested in the Omnibuses since I have all of the individuals already.

It would be nice if the NYT would release the numbers.
lunaitc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Where the hell did Naruto volume 47 come from? There is no logical reason for a nearly year old volume from the middle of an arc to suddenly appear on this list.
ljaesch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:21 pm Reply with quote
My husband just quipped, "Maybe that's the last volume of the manga that can be found at Borders."

Very Happy

lunaitc wrote:
Where the hell did Naruto volume 47 come from? There is no logical reason for a nearly year old volume from the middle of an arc to suddenly appear on this list.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:02 pm Reply with quote
i got Fullmetal Alchemist 3-in-1. that's like $3.40 a vol, so cheap. yay

they are only around $10 at amazon for all the 3-in-1.

Bakuman will just get better and better. You better not get into it, or will keep buying it once you reach certain vol. first couple vols are kind of boring.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Sewingrose wrote:
Guess Yu-Gi-Oh GX is still popular over here, how long ago was the anime on T.V.?

GX was my favorite of the anime, though the manga is quite different.
Sewingrose

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:25 am Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
Sewingrose wrote:

I'm sure it's fond memories of the anime that's driving the manga sales in more then part, despite how the manga might be on its own merits, I'm just surprised there are so many who are still buying it I guess.
st_owly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:56 am Reply with quote
Sewingrose wrote:
TitanXL wrote:
Sewingrose wrote:

I'm sure it's fond memories of the anime that's driving the manga sales in more then part, despite how the manga might be on its own merits, I'm just surprised there are so many who are still buying it I guess.

Does it not come with an exclusive card? Fanboys are probably just buying it for that...
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:40 am Reply with quote
Just noticed this, this is listed as a follow-up to a Japanese Comic Ranking article, and not this below.
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-08-12/new-york-times-manga-best-seller-list-july-31-august-6[/url]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
baadaku12345

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:05 am Reply with quote
Great to see GX doing so well, it's really entertaining to read. On a side note, are the Bleach 3 in 1 editions labeled as to what volumes they contain? It looks like the cover is just an image of Urahara and nothing else...
ljaesch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:10 am Reply with quote
I own the first Bleach 3-in-1 volume. On this one, the volumes included in it are labeled on the spine and on the back cover.

baadaku12345 wrote:
Great to see GX doing so well, it's really entertaining to read. On a side note, are the Bleach 3 in 1 editions labeled as to what volumes they contain? It looks like the cover is just an image of Urahara and nothing else...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1