• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Studio 4℃ Sets Genius Party Release Dates

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:30 am Reply with quote
didn't they already announce this a long time ago? in any case, it's good to see it has a date now.
LordByronius
ANN Columnist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:13 am Reply with quote
I haven't been this excited about the mere prospect of an anime since... well, possibly ever.

Genius Party is my must-see film of '08, definitely. Those Spider Men and Transformerlings can go choke and die.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 3:41 am Reply with quote
Nice timing, right after I spent two hours with ANN's resident Studio 4°C expert Cloe to fix and update the omnibus to its current state. Still, the short movie to be directed by Hiro Yamagata has no official title yet -- unless its official title is "Untitled."

v1cious wrote:
didn't they already announce this a long time ago?

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2005-02-11/new-studio-4c-anime
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Cloe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:19 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Nice timing, right after I spent two hours with ANN's resident Studio 4°C expert Cloe to fix and update the omnibus to its current state.

Quite the coincidence, no? Wink

So the film will be split up into two parts. I was wondering, since each time news on the project was updated there seemed to be more and more films involved. I was beginning to imagine how insanely long an omnibus made up of 14 short films must be.

As vexing as the undecided title for Hiro Yamagata's film is, I think his inclusion as a director in this collaboration is a bold choice. He is a world-renowned artist, but mostly revered for fine art and installation work. It'll be interesting to see how his artistic license translates into animation.

I'm also glad to hear that Shinichiro Watanabe will be producing the music. His work as the music director on Mind Game yielded phenomenally wonderful results. And it's nice to see the names Seiichi Yamamoto (Mind Game's music composer) and, of course, Yoko Kanno. This project really is a "genius party."

Edit: I just noticed the bit about Yuuya Yagira! <3 He's one of my favorite actors. Leave it to 4℃ to nab talent as impressive as his. I adored him in Nobody Knows. Everybody needs to see that film at least once in their lifetime.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
strongbad123

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 9:57 am Reply with quote
I love everything studio 4C produces, it's a shame they don't get any releases in America, I think Princess Arete could have been released here.
But I'm still glad to finally have a release date on this, I've been waiting forever to get some more info. It's a shame I'll have to wait for fansubs to come out much later this year.
Deltakiral

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Question is Studio 4℃ the only company still taking risks? I mean to they are the new Gainax are who are pushing the industry with break through animation, and are actually taking chances.....and I love it. I am so sad I can't see Tekkon Kinkreet, I wanted to see this movie so badly....even more then the girl who leapt through time. Crying or Very sad
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 5:27 pm Reply with quote
Ah, the anticipation. I really don't get excited for anime projects that often, but the sheer amount of talent present is mind-boggling.
mike_s_6

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 8:47 am Reply with quote
Me too, anime doesn't seem to excite me anymore. I probably grew out of it, or probably the stories just don't seem to interest me anymore.

If this anime doesn't have a good story (too short anyway to have a solid one), I'm sure it's going to be really good with the arts. Watch the trailers, they're in the official site and in youtube.

They got geniuses on this one!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1