• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Lucky ☆ Star!

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:36 am Reply with quote
One-man dance of OP is now available: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82URtK0g1zk

Viewer discretion advised.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
mind over matter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:55 am Reply with quote
*cries* I'm scarred for life
KyuuA4

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:45 pm Reply with quote
The opening theme has me wow'd. And no, I believe this rivals Azumanga in terms of crazy-ness. Immediately, I think these 4 girls are insane.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:19 am Reply with quote
mind over matter wrote:
*cries* I'm scarred for life

Okay... here's the Michael Jackson version. Makes much more sense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Amasa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 3:27 am Reply with quote
Someone else out there has to be reminded of Madonna's Lucky Star every time this title is mentioned. I'm waiting for Hirano's voice to sing to images of Madonna in raunchy dance routines.
Wolverine Princess

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:25 pm Reply with quote
Amasa wrote:
Someone else out there has to be reminded of Madonna's Lucky Star every time this title is mentioned.

I didn’t even know that song existed until I did a search on YouTube for Lucky Star parodies a few days ago and found the music video for it on accident. Have I been hiding under a rock not to have heard of it before? Anime smile + sweatdrop
Amasa

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:53 pm Reply with quote
Hehe not really, it's a pretty bad song and it was never popular. The only reason I know about was because it was played during Guy Ritchie's Snatch. Lucky Star isn't an unknown phrase anyway so I guess it's wrong of me to not take the title seriously for the anime.
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:14 am Reply with quote
Don't see this here yet... They did it for Haruhi, so I suppose it was to be expected that they'd come out with it for Lucky Star too...

Lucky Star OP (GUNPLA Edition)
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:19 am Reply with quote
Ok, episode 2 was better, and it almost scared me I was able to relate to some of the gags especially the ones with Kagami. Like for example, I have a roommate who's like Konota in terms of playing games (mostly Ragnorok online) all day and almost rarely does homework. When test days come, I usually plan out things while he just wings it and actually passes while I ended up working hard and get rather average grades. Gah!!! Mad

And I heard two instances where the BGMs from Gunbuster is used. And not to mention Konota saying that giant robots with drills are the best thing ever; she's obviously yet subtly pimping Gainax's Gurren Legann! Surprised

The one scene that really got me is when Konota questioned the fact whether manga counts as a book. And also that the literacy rate should be up especially if you spend time on forums! Laughing
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:30 am Reply with quote
Quote:
When test days come, I usually plan out things while he just wings it and actually passes while I ended up working hard and get rather average grades. Gah!!!

when i was in college someone was in my calculus 1b class, she almost never go to class, but she always got 90+. I think she never show in the class more than 10 times. most of the time just for exam.

i went to class everyday and studied like a dog and only get better score than her in one of the 4 exams.
i wanted to slap her. HWs don't matter in universities anyway, i don't do them too unless it counts to your final grade
Nobuyuki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 1:12 am Reply with quote
Amasa wrote:
Hehe not really, it's a pretty bad song and it was never popular.

I thought it was rather popular... 24 years ago. Razz
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 7:31 am Reply with quote
And another thing I forgot to mention. During the Lucky Channel segment when Minoru was about to introduce himself, he said, "wa wa wa....." Was he imitating Borat or something?
Furudanuki

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 8:57 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
And another thing I forgot to mention. During the Lucky Channel segment when Minoru was about to introduce himself, he said, "wa wa wa....." Was he imitating Borat or something?

Nope, it's a bit of inside joke fanservice for people who have seen Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu. Shiraishi Minoru was also the seiyuu for the character of Tanaguchi in that series. In episode 10, Tanaguchi is singing that "wa wa wa..." line when he comes into the classroom after school to retrieve his forgotten books, only to discover Kyon and Yuki in what he naturally (and incorrectly) assumes is a compromising position.

edit: What Tanaguchi said was "Wa- wa- wa- wasuremono...". Wasuremono = item forgotten or left behind.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 11:08 am Reply with quote
I feel ashamed of missing that reference (and I thought I was an above average Haruhi fan)! Embarassed
hentai4me

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:13 pm Reply with quote
References like that scare me...To actually notice that kind of thing you'd have to be pretty obsessive...you'd have to first of all remember that Tanaguchi even said that (and it's hardly one of the more memorable lines in SHnY) then you'd have to realise that the VA is the same guy (and I bet most people don't check up who the staff and cast is on a show, instead they rely upon recognition on the spot) then you'd have to assume that the words used are actually a direct reference rather than just a good or widely accepted way of saying/expressing that (if there were loads of ways of saying it but they specifically chose that for example).

Now if the reference was for a famous quote or something then fine, for example I often liken the internet to one of the most Imperial places on Earth, for good reason.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 3 of 31