• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime News Nina! - 2011-08-24

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PetrifiedJello

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:35 pm Reply with quote
DuelLadyS wrote:
Also, customers will never cease to amaze you with their stupidity...

...a lady who made get get a tape measure to check the opening size of a clearly marked mat multiple times in a 3 minute window...

...and a lady who wanted me to stop a specific yarn company from having their product made in Turkey becuase it was a slightly different color.

I laughed out loud at the irony Paola is being judged by the price/quality relationship comment, but a store employee calls two customers, checking quality, stupid.
streexanime

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:37 am Reply with quote
I do feel for Paola in this. It's very difficult to price at cons. Hats are so easily made (and a hot ticket item at cons). New/first-time con goers love especially love them. Cons in my area about 5 years ago priced those hats at $25, they've since gone down to $10-15 depending on extras.

Artist Alley at the one bigger con actually banned them from being sold in the AA. It had to be sold in the dealers room.

PetrifiedJello wrote:
DuelLadyS wrote:
Also, customers will never cease to amaze you with their stupidity...

...a lady who made get get a tape measure to check the opening size of a clearly marked mat multiple times in a 3 minute window...

...and a lady who wanted me to stop a specific yarn company from having their product made in Turkey becuase it was a slightly different color.

I laughed out loud at the irony Paola is being judged by the price/quality relationship comment, but a store employee calls two customers, checking quality, stupid.

It's one thing to check quality, it's another to ask for something unreasonable or to be a pain in the backside.

It's general knowledge among people who work with yarn, even brands that are not local to the US that the color is never the same from batch to batch. Especially with yarns made of wool.

As for the other person, they asked one too many times. You got a measurement, you don't come back later and ask for a measurement again.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:44 pm Reply with quote
It's probably that person's way of displaying indecisiveness. I know that sometimes, when I'm not sure if I want to buy something or not, and I get nervous, I fiddle around with other stuff.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2