• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Gacha Gacha The Next Revolution GN 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:49 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I actually saw someone buy this. Although, I didn't know what it was at the time. I just saw him run in, grab it, and run out. Seemed like he was in a hurry... I guess I know why now...
NGE1113

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:12 pm Reply with quote
Carlo Santos wrote:
If you know anything about the first series, and bothered enough to pick up this loosely-based continuation, then you already know what to expect: maximum boobs, maximum pantyshots, and zero intelligence.

This was the same exact reason why I tossed out the first volume after making a huge mistake by purchasing (and reading Confused) the first volume of the original series, in the garbage can outside. Didn't need it fouling up the house anymore than it had. But hey, some things never refuse to change, don't they Rolling Eyes?
The Ramblin' Wreck

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Why did the series change so much after Vol. 5. I have the first series, and it was passible.

A copy of Playboy is cheaper and better than this Next Revolution stuff.
jgreen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 4:49 pm Reply with quote
The Ramblin' Wreck wrote:
Why did the series change so much after Vol. 5. I have the first series, and it was passible.

Yeah, I don't get why what's happening in GG:TNR has NOTHING to do with the big "twist ending" at the end of Vol. 5 when spoiler[the male lead turns into a dog-boy]. In Japan, there was no change of title, correct? My understanding was that Del Rey added the "Next Revolution" tag on there to denote when the series switched from a teen-rated to mature-rated storyline.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JackBassV

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:02 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed the first story arc. It had the occasional flash of inspiration, but was for the most part brainless fun.

This arc varies between being boring and embarrassing. Only the design of the girls makes it worth looking at (but NOT reading!)

Personally, I would have preferred a short 1 or 2 volume continuation of the first arc. That may have been fun. This isn't.

JBV^_^
jgreen

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:48 am Reply with quote
I was thinking about this last night: with all the pandering, gender-bending action, it's like GG:TNR set out to be the poor man's Ranma 1/2 and ended up being the ppor man's Futaba-Kun Change!. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1